Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

How fast has the 7am virtual queue been going recently? Is it like RoTR used to be where you'd have to watch videos and practice to maybe get a spot, or is it a bit more relaxed? If we're ready to try and get a BG at 7am exactly, but otherwise don't do anything special are we likely to get one? We'll be at Epcot next Friday (7/15).

How fast has the 7am virtual queue been going recently? Is it like RoTR used to be where you'd have to watch videos and practice to maybe get a spot, or is it a bit more relaxed? If we're ready to try and get a BG at 7am exactly, but otherwise don't do anything special are we likely to get one? We'll be at Epcot next Friday (7/15).
I got one this morning but not sure how long they lasted. As long as I use time.gov and refresh at 6:59:59 I get one every time

The virtual queue was just over 500 minutes. That’s I sane

It is a virtual queue—not like it’s really costing you any time. For a month-old and deservedly popular attraction that seems reasonable to me. A 300+ minute actual wait for Test Track, not unheard of during Christmas week just a few years ago, is more “insane”.

It is a virtual queue—not like it’s really costing you any time. For a month-old and deservedly popular attraction that seems reasonable to me. A 300+ minute actual wait for Test Track, not unheard of during Christmas week just a few years ago, is more “insane”.
I do not believe for a single second the wait was 500 min. I am here at the park. It’s not been 500 min. It’s not even hit 50 min often. Maybe if it went down and did a reset. That takes 60 min. That’s why I said huh?

Last edited:
I do not believe for a single second the wait was 500 min. I am here at the park. It’s not been 500 min. It’s not been 50 min That’s why I said huh?
The app will say shortly after entering the queue that there is an estimated XXX wait, meaning until your boarding group is called. It said something like 400 minutes for me last week right after 1:00. It has nothing to do with the in-person wait once there. Hopefully that answered your “huh”.

The app will say shortly after entering the queue that there is an estimated XXX wait, meaning until your boarding group is called. It said something like 400 minutes for me last week right after 1:00. It has nothing to do with the in-person wait once there. Hopefully that answered your “huh”.
Ah. Ok. Yes. That does make way more sense. Not the wait in line. For some reason I took the comment from the person I quoted as the wait in the VQ line was 500 min once you got in line.

They do way over estimate how long it will be till the boarding group is called

Has anyone recently managed to secure VQ for GOG Epcot on the 7am slot if your on a Disney resort? Does it give you an actual ride time or estimate on time just trying to work a plan for tomorrow morning ? Thanks 😊

I'll add two items I think should be in the sticky:

1) you may buy an ILL for this attraction even if you have had a boarding group on the same day (I think this is largely known, but useful to be in the wiki;

2) If you use the virtual queue and are evacuated from the line or the ride during a breakdown, you are given a multi-purpose ILL (like the old special Fastpass+ they would hand out for the same reasons). This is good for you to return to Guardians at any time it reopens during the day OR can be used on most other attractions with a LL in Epcot. Had this happen a couple of weeks ago and forgot to screenshot the ride options, but it included anything I could think even possibly useful (Frozen and Remy).

I'll add two items I think should be in the sticky:

1) you may buy an ILL for this attraction even if you have had a boarding group on the same day (I think this is largely known, but useful to be in the wiki;

2) If you use the virtual queue and are evacuated from the line or the ride during a breakdown, you are given a multi-purpose ILL (like the old special Fastpass+ they would hand out for the same reasons). This is good for you to return to Guardians at any time it reopens during the day OR can be used on most other attractions with a LL in Epcot. Had this happen a couple of weeks ago and forgot to screenshot the ride options, but it included anything I could think even possibly useful (Frozen and Remy).
Thank you so much!! Added!

Has anyone recently managed to secure VQ for GOG Epcot on the 7am slot if your on a Disney resort? Does it give you an actual ride time or estimate on time just trying to work a plan for tomorrow morning ? Thanks 😊
Everyone secures their time at 7AM from a Disney resort. The park isn’t open at 7AM
It does not give you a ride time, only an estimate on how long till your return time will be
It is almost certainly off, often by quite a bit.

Just a friendly reminder that is going to almost certainly be sooner than 12:15
I think they offer up worse case scenario return times
I got group 34 yesterday. It was called at 9:00ish
Yes, I was called around 11am. And the two other times we rode, we were called 2 hours ahead of time.

It's been softening significantly as of late at the 7 AM slot.

At first, it was extremely difficult to grab a spot at 7 AM even if you were prepared to hit the button right at 7 AM. Many times it was gone in less than 3 seconds.

That's softened to more like 10 seconds at the worst, multiple minutes at best.

However, the 1 PM window is very easy to get a slot in. So easy that you can usually do it even if you don't have an EPCOT reservation, and you just park hop over there at 2 PM.

It's been softening significantly as of late at the 7 AM slot.

At first, it was extremely difficult to grab a spot at 7 AM even if you were prepared to hit the button right at 7 AM. Many times it was gone in less than 3 seconds.

That's softened to more like 10 seconds at the worst, multiple minutes at best.

However, the 1 PM window is very easy to get a slot in. So easy that you can usually do it even if you don't have an EPCOT reservation, and you just park hop over there at 2 PM.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear this! We only one have day at Epcot and GotG is a "must do" for DH and DS so fingers crossed we get it at 7am! Our backup plan is to pay for the ILL$ if we don't, just so we don't risk not being able to ride it!

Thanks, I'm glad to hear this! We only one have day at Epcot and GotG is a "must do" for DH and DS so fingers crossed we get it at 7am! Our backup plan is to pay for the ILL$ if we don't, just so we don't risk not being able to ride it!
I was there just last week, and I rode on it 3 times. I only had an EPCOT reservation for one of the days where I got on it!

My VQ's on the other 2 days were secured at 2 PM one day, and nearly 6:30 PM the other day (it was a pretty rainy day and definitely an outlier).

It's totally worth getting on, but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a way to do it that works for you! I actually kind of prefer the park hopping method because if you book an EPCOT reservation with the intention of riding Cosmic Rewind, miss the 7 AM drop, then you are relying on the 1 PM drop and now you're spending ALL DAY at EPCOT. I like EPCOT and all, but I don't want to be there from morning until night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts