Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Here are my notes from DEEH 7/11: at 6:00 PM, got VQ 210, estimated return at 9:50, called at 9:15, tapped in at 9:16, launched 9:43, off 9:46. So about 30 minutes in line, roughly the same as for our ILL$ and VQ the day before.

That was pretty much a mirror to our experience. Got called right as Harmonious ended, took about 15 min to walk over there, about 30 min to get through. If you add a ride swap that's another 30 min. So you'd use an hour or so of EEH for it. If we do it again, I'd opt to do Guardians in the last 15 min instead of at the start. In our case, it worked out, the only other ride DGD wanted to get in was Soarin' and we had time for it. If it had been DH and I alone we wanted to do MS and TT too.

This is super helpful in setting my expectations, thank you!

Hello friends!! I have a question about the vitual queue for Guardians! I feel like there was much more talk about it for ROTR 🤣

For those who got a group at 7am. What group number were you and what time was your group called to ride?

Thank you!!

We have been 2 times. First time got BG 33 and got a notification at 907am.
Second time we got BG 29 and were called around 9am

In case you didn’t know, CMs at GotG are not enforcing the end of guests’ return windows, just the beginning. So don’t try to tap in before your group is called, but if you’re late, don’t worry about it!

Hello friends!! I have a question about the vitual queue for Guardians! I feel like there was much more talk about it for ROTR 🤣

For those who got a group at 7am. What group number were you and what time was your group called to ride?

Thank you!!
This thread is dedicated to discussion of GotG virtual queue. Please read post 1 for additional information.

Thank you!!

Last week I got group 32. I got called at 8:57 a.m. I didn’t get to Epcot until after 2:00 p.m. and rode without issue.

We did it on 3 separate occasion and got 2 before 11am on one was at 3:30. It really depends on the crowed level for the day which of course you would have no idea.

In case you didn’t know, CMs at GotG are not enforcing the end of guests’ return windows, just the beginning. So don’t try to tap in before your group is called, but if you’re late, don’t worry about it!
Is this true for both the boarding groups and the ILL$ ?

Thank you!!
Yesterday we were in group 49 and got called around 11:15, but the ride had been down for about an hour before that.

Managed to get BG 98 at 7am in Michigan. My flight was at 10. Landed, went to hotel and was called at 5:11. Also bought LL for 8pm.
Couple issues first ride broakdown as we were in final ramp to board. Almost 85 minutes down. When it came back up and we got off it was 830 and LL was LONG. Went to guest services and they refunded my LL and gave me one any time LL for GOTG to use today. So we hit it this am and rode. Front car yesterday. Back car today. Back car way better.

Second issue: line jumping. In he first winding glass room where LL and the VQ go around each other separated by high glass rails, we saw lots of people hop and join the LL. Lots! And I was surprised to learn 40 minutes later when we made it to the first Preshow room and the Vq meets LL and there is no second tap in. I spoke to the CM and he admitted he gets comlpints all day long about line jumping but they don’t have a second tap in. So Living with the land I have to tap twice for LL. Nemo! Even Figment! But there brand new multi million dollar ride only has one tap in for LL at the start of the queue! This is nonsense and so unfair to this rod is waiting and to those that paid for LL. How could Disney. It have a second tap in for LL to prevent line jumping??

Second issue: line jumping. In he first winding glass room where LL and the VQ go around each other separated by high glass rails, we saw lots of people hop and join the LL. Lots! And I was surprised to learn 40 minutes later when we made it to the first Preshow room and the Vq meets LL and there is no second tap in. I spoke to the CM and he admitted he gets comlpints all day long about line jumping but they don’t have a second tap in. So Living with the land I have to tap twice for LL. Nemo! Even Figment! But there brand new multi million dollar ride only has one tap in for LL at the start of the queue! This is nonsense and so unfair to this rod is waiting and to those that paid for LL. How could Disney. It have a second tap in for LL to prevent line jumping??
Wow! There are no words. Total lack of forethought.

Thank you!!
Group numbers have been totally varied. I've gotten numbers as low as 9 and as high as 60 something. You have no way of knowing what you'l get

Managed to get BG 98 at 7am in Michigan. My flight was at 10. Landed, went to hotel and was called at 5:11. Also bought LL for 8pm.
Couple issues first ride broakdown as we were in final ramp to board. Almost 85 minutes down. When it came back up and we got off it was 830 and LL was LONG. Went to guest services and they refunded my LL and gave me one any time LL for GOTG to use today. So we hit it this am and rode. Front car yesterday. Back car today. Back car way better.

It doesn't take a 2nd tap point to stop it. They have cameras and CM observing every guest everywhere but bathrooms and hotel rooms. They see it happening. They could intervene if they wanted to

It doesn't take a 2nd tap point to stop it. They have cameras and CM observing every guest everywhere but bathrooms and hotel rooms. They see it happening. They could intervene if they wanted to
True. But the guy watching the camera. He has four TVs is the one controlling the LL and VQ enter to the first Preshow. He has a lot to pay attention to. Second tap in. Problem solved

Thank you!!
We were there the last week of July. We did the 7am virtual queue and got boarding group 58 I think? Our group was called and we were scanning in by like 11:15-11:30am I believe.

2 weeks ago we got BG 21 at the 7 am drop. We were called by 9:15

Anyone else notice that there is no availability for BG at the 1pm drop? Is this normal?
Or did they change the visibility if you don't have a park ticket for that day?

Last edited:
Thank you for this info. Your post was the only one I saw that said you can add people to your BG an hour before it opens. Other posts said you could add any time, and I could not figure it out. But when I got up today at 6:30, it showed all people I could add, as described here. Thanks again. Now to see if 615 minutes really means 10 hours or if it shortens once the park opens 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter