Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Yes, did this Wednesday. Late for our VQ boarding group (had a lunch ADR) and was told it would be good through that day's closing.

Bama Ed

Current policies re: return times:

Virtual Queue (VQ): anytime after BG is called until park closing.

Individual Lightning Lane (ILL$): anytime after BG is called until park closing (all attractions where guest purchased ILL$)

Lightning Lane (LL) (via Genie+): Must return within specified window. Allowed from 5 mins before to 15 mins after return time.

Last edited:
Just a side note for Apple Watch wearers out there. U can use the seconds count also for virtual boarding if u don’t want to hold a second device. Works fine. It might be .01 off. Maybe but works completely fine also. I was pretty stressed about using it for this trip and it was nothing. Maybe cause our party was 4 only. I heard multiple people on bus rides saying they didn’t get one right at 7 and most of them all said they were larger groups. That’s common sense even with the old fast pass system say for mine train. No way you were getting 6 plus people for an early return of u wanted it. Whenever my parents went with us or even my sil I always broke us up into 2 to 3 groups and staggered them with ease most of the time.

The other day we had an Epcot Park reservation but hadn’t fully “checked in” to our resort yet. When we were trying to do our virtual que it kept saying we didn’t have a valid admission but we did and do. How can we check to make sure this error won’t happen again tomorrow morning?

Can I VQ GotG when I have a res for another park, but plan to park hop to Epcot after 2PM?

Can I VQ GotG when I have a res for another park, but plan to park hop to Epcot after 2PM?
Only guests with Epcot reservations can try for a GotG VQ at 7 AM. You could try for one from the 1 PM drop, but only after you enter Epcot — if they’re still available (we got one at 4 PM in July).

You could buy the GotG ILL$, though.

Last edited:

I read that 7am VQ can be obtained anywhere but I seen some other info elsewhere that states only resort guest are allowed.
So I am confused if off-site can get VQ at 7am ?

I looked the Tip board, VQ states enrollment starts at 7am.
$IIL buy at park open/Resort guest can buy at 7am....

So it is clear the $ILL for off site guest is buy at park open.
And as read from the tip board, it does imply the VQ can be obtained at 7am by anyone including off-site.
Anyone can clarify this?

The other day we had an Epcot Park reservation but hadn’t fully “checked in” to our resort yet. When we were trying to do our virtual que it kept saying we didn’t have a valid admission but we did and do. How can we check to make sure this error won’t happen again tomorrow morning?
Unfortunately it’s a known glitch without a known fix or known cause this far. It is not related to your check is status. Guests who are in the middle of their stay have had this issue. Good news is it’s intermittent so it may not happen next time you try. I think most who have reported the issue have had success the next day

Current policies re: return times:

Virtual Queue (VQ): anytime after BG is called until park closing.

Individual Lightning Lane (ILL$): anytime after BG is called until park closing (all attractions where guest purchased ILL$)

Lightning Lane (LL) (via Genie+): Must return within specified window. Allowed from 5 mins before to 15 mins after return time.
Wow, I had no idea. On our arrival day we have an Epcot park pass but won't arrive until after 2pm. So you're saying I can get in a VQ boarding group at 7am and roll into Guardians at ANY point after we get one later that day? 🤯🤯🤯🤯 I was thinking I'd need to do an ILL$ to ride that day.

You all just made my day!!

Last edited:
Wow, I had no idea. On our arrival day we have an Epcot park pass but won't arrive until after 2pm. So you're saying I can get in a VQ boarding group at 7am and roll into Guardians at ANY point after we get one later that day? 🤯🤯🤯🤯 I was thinking I'd need to do an ILL$ to ride that day.

You’re welcome to try at 7 for sure then ride whenever you arrive!

Don’t know if someone asked but, could I buy more than one Lightning lane per day for this ride? 🤔

I had BG #9 a few weeks back and didn't arrive until 5:30pm .. hadn't planned on working that day but got held up. No issues.

I read that 7am VQ can be obtained anywhere but I seen some other info elsewhere that states only resort guest are allowed.
So I am confused if off-site can get VQ at 7am ?

I looked the Tip board, VQ states enrollment starts at 7am.
$IIL buy at park open/Resort guest can buy at 7am....

So it is clear the $ILL for off site guest is buy at park open.
And as read from the tip board, it does imply the VQ can be obtained at 7am by anyone including off-site.
Anyone can clarify this?

Anyone with an EPCOT park reservation can get in the virtual queue at 7am.

Tuesday, I got a BG at 3:46pm for 315 minutes wait but was called around 8pm. Epcot was pretty empty in Future World. I didn’t try at 7am, because we had reservations for DHS, and modified it in the car to Epcot on the drive there.

Sorry if I should understand this better, but did you get a BG from the 1pm drop at 346? We will be driving in the morning of our Epcot day next week and my daughter is stressed we will miss the 7 am drop. I though the 1pm also went quickly and IM not sure how early we will be able to get into Epcot, so that would make her very happy!!
Tuesday, I got a BG at 3:46pm for 315 minutes wait but was called around 8pm. Epcot was pretty empty in Future World. I didn’t try at 7am, because we had reservations for DHS, and modified it in the car to Epcot on the drive there.

I just want to stress for people to confirm their boarding group party is correct before they just click the button and join. I have a friend of a friend, not in my friends list, screw up a bunch of us for boarding groups today. Our mutual friend was supposed to be getting boarding groups for our party of 6 , but because the other person didn’t remove him from his list, he got added to the other group and couldn’t make them for the rest of us. By the time we realized it, boarding groups were gone.

Somehow I see a boarding group for people I am not friends with in my virtual queue but I’m not sure if that means I actually have one, probably not. Which is cruel!

ETA the nice castmember got the people in our group who did not have a BG in, so it worked out in the end.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter