Guardians of the Galaxy review?

JRDSC

Earning My Ears
Hello Team,

Looking for advice on where to prioritize Guardians of the Galaxy during our upcoming trip?

We are budgeting only 1 day for EPCOT. As usual, the kids love Soarin', Test Track, Remy, Frozen, Mission Space and even Turtle Talk w/ Crush (one of of their personal must-dos), etc...

I personally want to try Guardians of the Galaxy, but of course the kids come first - what, if anything, should we sacrifice to instead make it to GotG?

Thanks.

I don't think you would need to skip anything. Are you are staying on site and able to rope drop? If so I would Rope drop Remy and head immediately to Frozen. If you are able to afford Genie + that will help as well and would try to grab Test Track or Soarin. Mission Space and Turtle Talk should have minimal stand by times.

Hello Team,

Looking for advice on where to prioritize Guardians of the Galaxy during our upcoming trip?

We are budgeting only 1 day for EPCOT. As usual, the kids love Soarin', Test Track, Remy, Frozen, Mission Space and even Turtle Talk w/ Crush (one of of their personal must-dos), etc...

I personally want to try Guardians of the Galaxy, but of course the kids come first - what, if anything, should we sacrifice to instead make it to GotG?

Thanks.
It all depends on when your trip is and how much you want to spend. If Guardians is still VQ, you can try at the 7am and 1pm drop for a spot. If you want to guarantee a time, pay for the LL for it. I personally found the LL to be better for planning purposes because you knew exactly what time you can access the ride and aren’t at the whims of the VQ. If you are the only one who wants to really ride GotG, you could always just do the paid LL for only yourself.

Like the other poster said, if you buy G+, you shouldn’t have any problem riding the rest of the rides if you are there all day and do a combo of G+ and standby. Even without G+, it should be possible with a decent strategy.

Last visit to Epcot was June 19th. Didn’t sacrifice any attraction to ride guardians. If you get the VQ and/or book the ILL$, you’ll be in great shape!

FWIW, Guardians (for us) is hands down THE attraction to ride in Epcot now. We loved it so much that we think it’s worth going for the VQ and the ILL$ so you can ride it twice.

Hello Team,

Thanks.

I set the alarm ⏰ for 6:50am and was able to get Guardians 3 times in a row @ 7am, no issues.

A friend was able to get 1pm slots two days in a row.

Amazing ride!

I set the alarm ⏰ for 6:50am and was able to get Guardians 3 times in a row @ 7am, no issues.

A friend was able to get 1pm slots two days in a row.

Amazing ride!
How do u do this? I am a novice , a single mom and am overwhelmed. When you get up at 6:50 are u doing genie plus or lightening lane. I’m so confused

We had no issues getting the free virtual queue drop at 1pm on Monday (DH actually got it at 1:30 since spots were still available then) and on Friday right at 1pm. Only rode it Friday as we were too full from dinner Monday to go when we were called around 8pm. (We got called at 5:15 on Friday.) My 22 and 18 yr olds didn't ride, just DH and I, probably a 1 and done for us--too intense of a ride, but glad we did it once! Also happy to get the Blondie song!

How do u do this? I am a novice , a single mom and am overwhelmed. When you get up at 6:50 are u doing genie plus or lightening lane. I’m so confused
If you have an Epcot park reservation that would be for VQ

Hi …Do you have the Disney App downloaded already?
It will have this pop up before 7:00 a.m.

A853945F-4666-4906-B4BC-B05D536BDAE9.png
It includes the Virtual Q . I also recommend you use the Tip Board to tell Genie your preferences and make sure Guardians Cosmic Rewind is your first choice.
Good luck It can be nerve wracking the first time especially waiting and watching the clock for the 7(6:59) second countdown !

no genie plus. just click on "virtual queue" to join. Make sure you have an Epcot reservation. I also ALWAYS go into my profile beforehand just to trigger the app log in. If you are not logged into the app, will not work and you won't know why.

no genie plus. just click on "virtual queue" to join. Make sure you have an Epcot reservation. I also ALWAYS go into my profile beforehand just to trigger the app log in. If you are not logged into the app, will not work and you won't know why.
Thank you!!!

View attachment 681584
It includes the Virtual Q . I also recommend you use the Tip Board to tell Genie your preferences and make sure Guardians Cosmic Rewind is your first choice.
Good luck It can be nerve wracking the first time especially waiting and watching the clock for the 7(6:59) second countdown !
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 681584
This is so helpful! Thank you so much

Hello Team,

Thanks.
We just got back. If you are getting the vq for guardians, make your first G+ pass at 7:02 am for Remy, your next will not be ready till 10:30, by then Remy will be gone and Test Track/Frozen will be after 7pm. At 12:30 you may be able to get Frozen at 8:00pm but they were gone last week. We walked on Soarin at 9:15 am because all of the rope droppers went to Remy, Test Track or Frozen, then by 10am, Soarin was a 60 min wait.

View attachment 681584
Good luck It can be nerve wracking the first time especially waiting and watching the clock for the 7(6:59) second countdown

Awesome advice. Thank you. How do u make sure I am logged in and the app doesn’t require me to relog in when refreshing for the 6:59?

We just got back. If you are getting the vq for guardians, make your first G+ pass at 7:02 am for Remy, your next will not be ready till 10:30, by then Remy will be gone and Test Track/Frozen will be after 7pm. At 12:30 you may be able to get Frozen at 8:00pm but they were gone last week. We walked on Soarin at 9:15 am because all of the rope droppers went to Remy, Test Track or Frozen, then by 10am, Soarin was a 60 min wait.
Thank you for this. Did you have trouble staying logged on to the Disney app while refreshing for VQ for Galaxy? And if u have table service reservations , did any of this interfere with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter