Guardians of the Galaxy elevator.

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
I really want to try GotG. I don't normally get dizzy on rides but this one still has me concerned. Today I saw a video that said several people have fallen down the stairs exiting the ride and the last lady had a cut on her face, a broken nose, a broken thumb, a broken ankle, and a cut on her head. Then he showed a picture of what looks like a pretty long set of stairs and said maybe some people should use the elevator if they are dizzy. What elevator? Where is the elevator? I have a problem with depth perception so stairs are normally a pretty big issue for me even if a ride doesn't make me dizzy. I have to be able to hold on to a rail and even then I have to take my time and concentrate on each step and just how far down it might be because my eyes or my brain just can't judge it I guess. Do you think I would be able to use the elevator and do you know where it is located?

The elevator is adjacent to the stairs, you can see it as soon as you exit the ride vehicles
I have no idea who uses it. Ask the CM as you exit if you can

I really want to try GotG. I don't normally get dizzy on rides but this one still has me concerned. Today I saw a video that said several people have fallen down the stairs exiting the ride and the last lady had a cut on her face, a broken nose, a broken thumb, a broken ankle, and a cut on her head. Then he showed a picture of what looks like a pretty long set of stairs and said maybe some people should use the elevator if they are dizzy. What elevator? Where is the elevator? I have a problem with depth perception so stairs are normally a pretty big issue for me even if a ride doesn't make me dizzy. I have to be able to hold on to a rail and even then I have to take my time and concentrate on each step and just how far down it might be because my eyes or my brain just can't judge it I guess. Do you think I would be able to use the elevator and do you know where it is located?
The stairs are substantial and I can't believe they couldn't figure something else out. That said Blog Mickey has provided photos of stairs, elevator etc.

Link ⬇️
GoG

Last edited:

Chip and Company has photos of the GotG exit stairwells, that show the elevators directly next to the stairwells. HTH.
It definitely helps. I will definitely be asking to use it. Do you have to use those same stairs to go up to get on the ride or is the entrance in a different area with no stairs? Going up is not such an issue for me but coming down really is. Thanks.

It definitely helps. I will definitely be asking to use it. Do you have to use those same stairs to go up to get on the ride or is the entrance in a different area with no stairs? Going up is not such an issue for me but coming down really is. Thanks.
There aren’t any stairs in the queue getting on the ride, it’s all ramps. The stairs are only after getting off the ride. However the elevator is there for anyone who needs it so don’t hesitate to use it.

Yes, no issue using it, although you will have to take 1 elevator up, get off and another elevator down. There's almost never a wait though. We're here now and have ridden it for the first time and it's pretty awesome. Best thing Disney has come out with since I was a kid...very impressive and enjoyable so I would definitely try if you can.

I hate the hearding parts, but the ride itself is pretty incredible.

I am sure hoping we will all ride it and not get sick. I know nothing about Guardians of the Galaxy but my youngest son and DH sure do. Thanks for the info.

The stairs are substantial and I can't believe they couldn't figure something else out. That said Blog Mickey has provided photos of stairs, elevator etc.

GoG
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I found it very informative. Rode Guardians a couple weeks ago and had some pretty serious motion sickness (nausea). Whats so odd is I don't usually have any trouble with motion sickness.

Really liked the ride but about halfway through the nausea set in big time. Tried everything i thought I had heard would work, watching the track, closing my eyes but it just kept building.

Reading this i think I see some things I certainly did wrong. First was we did it in the morning and ate nothing before riding it. Second (at least i think this had an effect) I put my lap-bar way too tight. I am somewhat of a large guy with an equally large gut, lol. So when i first pulled the bar down it did not catch. so then I pulled it really hard so it basically was putting significant pressure on my mid section. It latched but was very uncomfortable and i think that pressure may have added to the the motion sickness. I think next time I will not be so aggressive pulling the bar down as I am sure it would have latched without pulling it as far as I did.

Also I think I will take some Dramamine before riding next time as well.

The stairs I really don't understand. I did not have an issue with them as my issue was mostly nausea and not dizziness but I can see how they could be an issue for some.

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I found it very informative. Rode Guardians a couple weeks ago and had some pretty serious motion sickness (nausea). Whats so odd is I don't usually have any trouble with motion sickness.

Really liked the ride but about halfway through the nausea set in big time. Tried everything i thought I had heard would work, watching the track, closing my eyes but it just kept building.

Reading this i think I see some things I certainly did wrong. First was we did it in the morning and ate nothing before riding it. Second (at least i think this had an effect) I put my lap-bar way too tight. I am somewhat of a large guy with an equally large gut, lol. So when i first pulled the bar down it did not catch. so then I pulled it really hard so it basically was putting significant pressure on my mid section. It latched but was very uncomfortable and i think that pressure may have added to the the motion sickness. I think next time I will not be so aggressive pulling the bar down as I am sure it would have latched without pulling it as far as I did.

Also I think I will take some Dramamine before riding next time as well.

The stairs I really don't understand. I did not have an issue with them as my issue was mostly nausea and not dizziness but I can see how they could be an issue for some.
First time I rode I had Seabands, was first thing in morning with minimal in stomach (I was afraid of code V) and 2 of us got nauseous. About 2/3 in the ride consisted of me focusing on not getting sick. I ride EVERYTHING but Mission and Forbidden Journey at UO. Common denominator with GoG and FJ is the screens and zooming past them. I was clammy and felt yukky and those stairs were a chore as I felt shaky. We opted to not even return to EPCOT and try again that week. LOVED the coaster portion, hate the screen portion.

Three weeks ago we went back not sure our plan but decided we needed to try again, climb back on the horse. We started taking Bonine (Meclizine) not Dramamine the DAY BEFORE so we had two doses in that day and another in morning before we headed to park. We used SeaBands and we did an afternoon ride so no empty (or recently full) stomach. Made an effort to keep my head straight and not look all over. We both did great! I can see where the bar might create a discomfort, sometimes all those things are the small triggers that agitate.

Great preshows, great coaster but not impressed with the screens and lack of an ending to "the story". Impressed and disappointed at the same time.

You have to take the elevator in a wheelchair. It's very obvious.

I didn't view the stairs as a big deal, but the elevator is very easy as an option.

Don’t stress about it. If you get dizzy you get dizzy and look for help or have a friend walk down with you. Either way it’s a must ride. The most fun I’ve ever had in a coaster. Best.

have a friend walk down with you.

And hold onto the handrail!

I know people are all "Ewwww! I don't want to touch it!!!" about hand rails, but they are put there TO HELP PREVENT FALLS. Use the handrail and just sanitize your hands after you're down. (I'm in NYC and see people fall on the subway stairs all the time - and the one thing they all have in common is not using the hand rails.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter