Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

This graph is great! Going in a couple weeks- is there a site I can follow this data until then?

I should have mentioned, it's not my graph.

And I don't think I'm allowed to post a link (or directions to) the source where I got it from. But there is someone online tracking these figures!

Looks like Thrill Data is keeping track as well, though I like the simplicity of the graph above.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/guardiansofthegalaxycosmicrewind/

Scroll to or search for the section labeled Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Boarding Group Availability

I should have mentioned, it's not my graph.

And I don't think I'm allowed to post a link (or directions to) the source where I got it from. But there is someone online tracking these figures!
Looks like Thrill Data is keeping track as well, though I like the simplicity of the graph above.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/guardiansofthegalaxycosmicrewind/

Scroll to or search for the section labeled Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Boarding Group Availability
Thank you. I find Thrill Data isn’t very helpful for the duration of boarding group availability for the 7 am drop.:)

Thank you. I find Thrill Data isn’t very helpful for the duration of boarding group availability for the 7 am drop.:)
Yeah, if you have an Epcot reservation, then you just gotta hop on and try right when it hits 7am, not really much you can do. But the afternoon is helpful if you're hopping to know current trends

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ Debuts November 25th at EPCOT

Disney World has announced that the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Holiday Remix will debut on November 25th at EPCOT as part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. Yesterday, we reported that the ride had missed the start of the holidays at the Walt Disney World Resort, but Disney has confirmed that the attraction will run from November 25th through December 30th – on EPCOT’s schedule of holiday offerings, not the Resort’s schedule.

Here’s how Disney describes the Holiday Remix version of the ride:

This season, the Guardians are trading in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.

Last edited:

not excited will try and hit it 11/24 at the beginning of our trip. Had 11/25 as our first Epcot day but will hop from HS on 11/24 to try and ride.

Aw nuts. We're going in December and I actually am kind of bummed to hear about it being holiday music while we're there.
Same! I LOVE all the holiday cheer, but music is such a big thing with Guardians. Still very excited to get on the ride though!

Our first time riding was going to be this Saturday (11/26). Im wondering if the overlay will make ride availability a problem. I was hoping to do a VQ and a ILL$. Unfortunately we are only there for 3 nights so don’t have much flexibility.

I have to eat my words.
I was very disappointed to hear this news ahead of our Thanksgiving week trip. I wanted to experience the ride as is, so much so I moved our first Epcot date up. Rode it twice on the 21st, and got Disco Inferno and Ran So Far Away. I was hoping for September but hey... can't win 'em all! The ride was a blast.

Our second Epcot day on the 26th, I wasn't crazy about the ride having Christmas music but... I have to admit. Run Run Rudolph as the musical track fit the pacing of the ride perfectly. So much fun!

I'll admit I was disappointed by CW. I have only ridden the holiday version once, but I didn't vibe with the music and it didn't feel like the Guardians were part of the ride, or maybe I was overwhelmed with so much happening I missed it. I didn't watch any spoilers so I didn't know what to expect. I did enjoy the two preshows. But I was surprised how it basically felt like Space Mountain with an overlay, I kept thinking to myself this is just SM with a different ride vehicle! It was very smooth, I'm not motion-sensitive but I can see why it can get too long for some and afterwards I thought there's no way I would want to ride twice in a row, once was enough that day. The stairs are sure something else afterwards, I held the railing tightly!

I'll give it another chance to change my mind when I ride in January hopefully with the normal music. Mission Breakout is one of my favorite rides at DLR and that felt 100% like a Guardians to me, so I am comparing it to that. I am one of those people where I don't always like a ride the first time (too much going on) and it grows on me. I felt the same about Slinky and Runaway Railway and now I love them both. I think I was expecting more speed on CW, if anything it felt less thrilling than SM to me as I didn't feel like I was fighting for my life in my seat :rotfl:

How do the 1 pm and 6 pm virtual queue drops work? Can you access a boarding group from another park (like DHS)? Or do you have to be tapped in to Epcot? What if you tap into Epcot in the morning and leave the park for lunch, can you still try the 1 pm virtual queue from outside the park?

How do the 1 pm and 6 pm virtual queue drops work? Can you access a boarding group from another park (like DHS)? Or do you have to be tapped in to Epcot? What if you tap into Epcot in the morning and leave the park for lunch, can you still try the 1 pm virtual queue from outside the park?
As long as you have tapped into Epcot at some time before 1 PM, you can try from anywhere. For the 6 PM VQ, you have to be eligible for DEEH and have the necessary ticket and park reservation status, and you can try from anywhere.

Okay, so if we are (for example) having dinner at MK at 6 pm, we can still try for 6 pm drop even though we haven't yet tapped into Epcot? That would be great!

Okay, so if we are (for example) having dinner at MK at 6 pm, we can still try for 6 pm drop even though we haven't yet tapped into Epcot? That would be great!
Yes you can. We got a 6 PM VQ while at dinner at BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter