Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

No, you just need to wait until park open if you’re offsite. Think you need a park reservation (somewhere) for that day and if it’s not Epcot you’ll only see times after hopping is allowed for purchase. The only thing you have to have been in Epcot for (you have to have scanned in prior you don’t have to be there) is the 1pm VQ.

Gotcha. I don't drive so off-property is not an option for me so I don't closely follow the rules for off-site.

No, you just need to wait until park open if you’re offsite. Think you need a park reservation (somewhere) for that day and if it’s not Epcot you’ll only see times after hopping is allowed for purchase. The only thing you have to have been in Epcot for (you have to have scanned in prior you don’t have to be there) is the 1pm VQ.
I believe it is similar to onsite- you just need to have a park reservation for that park or hopping option- but you must wait until park opening, as opposed to 7am for the on-site folks.
Thank you both! I have Epcot reservations for the day, but our group didn't want to head in until 11ish so I wanted to make sure I could still try for the ILL. I know the chances are slim, but here's hoping!

We just left WDW today. Disney knocked it out of the park with this ride we felt.

Ended up buying $ILL around 9:30 am on monday...our day started at DHS and I booked from there. Return Time was 6:15. So very easy there on that day and more availability after that
(I originally wasn't going to buy , but since it was still available and was unsure how competitive VQ was for EEH, I ended up doing it)

We were at EP for the EEH at the 6 pm VQ and DD got one. We were called back at 8:30 pm.

Yesterday I somehow managed to get VQ group 2 with spotty service from Shades of Green (went on balcony using data).

That group was called at 8:10 am!! We were still at TTC lol. Original return time was est 8:45 so they definitely starting early that day. Not sure if that's the norm.

Your not allowed to switch lighting lane after you buy it to another one? So you pay to get on the ride, and up end getting a VQ, your still stuck paying?

We arrive Monday and just got an email from Disney that made me question my strategy. It implied we had to be on-site (but not in Epcot) to book a virtual boarding group at 7 am. If we have a Disney hotel reservation for that day and Epcot park reservations will I still be able to try for a 7 am boarding group if that is our travel day and we are boarding the plane a few states away?

It implied we had to be on-site (but not in Epcot) to book a virtual boarding group at 7 am.
You just need an onsite hotel reservation to start that day to book ILL$ at 7am.

Anyone with an Epcot park reservation can book a virtual queue boarding group at 7am. For 1pm virtual queue, you do have to check in by 1pm to be eligible.

ETA: If there are still boarding groups available when you park hop, you are eligible to join the virtual queue after scanning into the park.

Last edited:
Paying to ride a ride that you just rode for free in my own opinion is a bad thing. They could easily refund you the LL if you get the VQ. They won’t though
You can easily not buy ILL of you aren’t certain you want to use it. You won’t take the risk though.

You just need an onsite hotel reservation to start that day to book ILL$ at 7am.

Anyone with an Epcot park reservation can book a virtual queue boarding group at 7am. For 1pm virtual queue, you do have to check in by 1pm to be eligible.
This is absolutely not accurate, just to let people know!

I got in the virtual queue just last week twice when I didn’t even have EPCOT reservations. I park hopped once right at 2 PM and easily got in the virtual queue. The next day, which was pretty rainy in the early/mid afternoon, I park hopped over there at about 6:30, got in the virtual queue, and got on the ride about an hour later!

In my observation, the virtual queue won’t fill up on a normal day until about 3:30 PM at the earliest.

I got in the virtual queue just last week twice when I didn’t even have EPCOT reservations. I park hopped once right at 2 PM and easily got in the virtual queue. The next day, which was pretty rainy in the early/mid afternoon, I park hopped over there at about 6:30, got in the virtual queue, and got on the ride about an hour later!

In my observation, the virtual queue won’t fill up on a normal day until about 3:30 PM at the earliest.
Your’s is the only one to ever report that happen so far. VQ has been full just after 7:00 and again just after 1:00 well before PH guests could arrive.
What Boarding Group numbers were you assigned out of curiosity?

Last edited:

Thanks, I knew that, just didn't realize that was happening

Thanks, I knew that, just didn't realize that was happening
I’d never say it’s impossible but as someone in the parks right now, it’s rare.

The boarding groups have absolutely not been available for any significant period of time on any day. They have signs posted and announcements running in the park indicating no boarding groups available

So be careful counting on it

I’d never say it’s impossible but as someone in the parks right now, it’s rare.

The boarding groups have absolutely not been available for any significant period of time on any day. They have signs posted and announcements running in the park indicating no boarding groups available

So be careful counting on it
It’s not rare. It’s the norm, not the exception, right now that the afternoon virtual queue remains open for hours.

I was in Epcot in the afternoon multiple times over a nine day trip that just ended yesterday, and the announcement about the virtual queue was never earlier than 3:30 PM. It was made over a PA system.

I also spoke to many people that I met at the parks. I also have been on this site (and others that I won’t link) and it is well established that the afternoon VQ’s do not fill up for hours, every single day.

You can absolutely count on park hopping at 2 PM and expecting to get into the VQ. In fact, it’s far easier to do than it is to have an EPCOT reservation and try to get in at 7 AM. By a long shot.

It’s not rare. It’s the norm, not the exception, right now that the afternoon virtual queue remains open for hours.

I was in Epcot in the afternoon multiple times over a nine day trip that just ended yesterday, and the announcement about the virtual queue was never earlier than 3:30 PM. It was made over a PA system.

I also spoke to many people that I met at the parks. I also have been on this site (and others that I won’t link) and it is well established that the afternoon VQ’s do not fill up for hours, every single day.

You can absolutely count on park hopping at 2 PM and expecting to get into the VQ. In fact, it’s far easier to do than it is to have an EPCOT reservation and try to get in at 7 AM. By a long shot.
Oh you are talking about the 1:00 drop. Yeah. That does remain available very often. For some reason I thought it was the 7am drop

1657117140114.png

Here is a recent update on how long each drop has been staying open. Both the 7:00 AM drop and the 1:00 PM drop continue to get easier and easier. At this point it’s a virtual guarantee that those park hopping right at 2:00 PM can get in.

View attachment 682155

Here is a recent update on how long each drop has been staying open. Both the 7:00 AM drop and the 1:00 PM drop continue to get easier and easier. At this point it’s a virtual guarantee that those park hopping right at 2:00 PM can get in.
This graph is great! Going in a couple weeks- is there a site I can follow this data until then?

This graph is great! Going in a couple weeks- is there a site I can follow this data until then?
I should have mentioned, it's not my graph.

And I don't think I'm allowed to post a link (or directions to) the source where I got it from. But there is someone online tracking these figures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter