GTY UPGRADE HELP

brookew

Earning My Ears
We booked the disney dream GTY 7c Midship category.
Today, it gave me my room. I'm in 5c Forward 7034 (deck7).

Does this mean I got an upgrade from 7c to 5c?

Should I be bummed that I was supposed to be midship, but got moved to forward?

Thanks

Yes, you got upgraded.

As far as location, you book GTY you take your chances that they will put you in a location you don't want - which is why I won't book GTY after the last time where they upgraded me, but put me away from forward which I love and midship and lower (Deck 5 - YUCK! hated that cabin and location).

There is no category 7C, category 7A rooms are not located midship, so even if you got 7A you would be forward or aft.

There is no category 7C, category 7A rooms are not located midship, so even if you got 7A you would be forward or aft.

I was just checking to see what a 7C was and discovered that there is no such thing. OP - did you mean 7A? If so, @plutolovr is correct that that is not a category with midship cabins.

Agreed. You booked a Cat 7 GTY, which really means a Cat 7a GTY.

I'll concur that all cat 7a's are fore and aft. Your new assigned cabin is a blessing. Trust me.

Cat 7 and cat 5 cabins are the same size/design internally.

Your upgraded cabin is about 50 feet more midship/ (aft in your case) than a 7a assignment could be.
You have an unobstructed clear plexi veranda. No outer skin on balcony. No lifeboats below.

You could have been assigned Cat 7a 5188 or 5668 on the stern with a tiny balcony.
They had to make a custom bench because a regular chair wouldn't fit.
Of course many thrive aft regardless of balcony size. lol. I respect that too fwiw. :worship:

Jump to 2:16 in video below to see balcony of 5188/5688.

You are lucky and blessed IMO.

Enjoy

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter