GTY Assignment Question

lin7

DIS Veteran
I'm six days out from my sailing of March 2 on the Fantasy, and still have no room assignment. Just wondering if I would have to wait until the day I get to the port to get the assignment. I have read on the board that GTY usually get the assignments before the OGT, VGT rates. What was the latest you have been assign a room?

Have you checked your reservation online? That's where most people find out the assignment, I don't think it's sent to you otherwise. If still unassigned, I guess it'll be a fun surprise at the port!

Enjoy your cruise!

Personally, I prefer a GTY. I seem to get an upgrade moreso without an assigned room than if I had one and they needed upgrades.

We got our assignment about 45 days prior to our cruise last year. I was surprised, because I didn't expect to get it until a week or two before the cruise....or even at the port!

I'm six days out from my sailing of March 2 on the Fantasy, and still have no room assignment. Just wondering if I would have to wait until the day I get to the port to get the assignment. I have read on the board that GTY usually get the assignments before the OGT, VGT rates. What was the latest you have been assign a room?

A guarantee room can be assigned at any time from booking date to embarkation day. That being said, regular GTY assignments tend to show up around 30-45 days out, where the last minute *GT assignments are about 2 weeks out.

Our first cruise, we didn't find out our room number until we got to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!