Grumpy, his wife and their son Goofy dine at the World -- Updated 220 & 232(Pg 15&16)

:cool1: So excited to be following your dining reviews. I am goint to pay OOP for the Boma breakfast as everything I hear about it is positive!

Now this is what I'm talking about! :worship:

Thank you for including so many pictures of the restaurant itself - its not as good as being there - but, almost! ;)

Raglan Road!! :cool1: We really never get to DTD! Glad you included the reviews of that grapefruit cake you hear so much about (Studios) and I wonder I was thinking about hitting up the CS in Epcot for Fish and Chips - would you know how they compare to RR?

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences! :wizard:

Boma looks great! Another place I've never eaten. Do they sell that juice at Mara?

Mmm I love your review of breakfast at Boma! The food looks delish!

We went here for dinner and had a great time but think after your review would love to have breakfast here as well.

It is good to know that you can easily walk between Kidani and AKL. We have an ADR in December for Sanaa. Not sure if we will have to take the transportation to the lodge and then get out... but it is good to know it isn't a bad walk.

Boma looks super yummy. I like your review. I agree about the bacon. What is up with it???

Mmm Boma does do a good breakfast. I Love their Ham with Boma Mustard!

Ooh....I must have missed the mustard; I'll have to remember it for next time.

Boma breakfast sounds so delish~ I think we are finished with character buffets. DS wasn't so thrilled this trip so next trip, I want to try Boma breakfast instead of Tusker House. :thumbsup2

Mark and I still do one Character meal -- Crystal Palace; Boma is a good one to have in addition.

:cool1: So excited to be following your dining reviews. I am goint to pay OOP for the Boma breakfast as everything I hear about it is positive!

Welcome, I'm delighted to have you join us. You will not regret the OOP for Boma!

Now this is what I'm talking about! :worship:

Thank you for including so many pictures of the restaurant itself - its not as good as being there - but, almost! ;)

Raglan Road!! :cool1: We really never get to DTD! Glad you included the reviews of that grapefruit cake you hear so much about (Studios) and I wonder I was thinking about hitting up the CS in Epcot for Fish and Chips - would you know how they compare to RR?

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences! :wizard:

I am so happy I could fulfill your wishes. :lmao::lmao:

I love the Fish and Chips at Epcot and think they are just as good as Raglan.

Boma looks great! Another place I've never eaten. Do they sell that juice at Mara?

We never made it to Mara this trip, and we've never been for breakfast so I don't know about the juice.

Mmm I love your review of breakfast at Boma! The food looks delish!

We went here for dinner and had a great time but think after your review would love to have breakfast here as well.

We've never done dinner, so I look forward to your review of it.
It is good to know that you can easily walk between Kidani and AKL. We have an ADR in December for Sanaa. Not sure if we will have to take the transportation to the lodge and then get out... but it is good to know it isn't a bad walk.

Boma looks super yummy. I like your review. I agree about the bacon. What is up with it???

We finally made it to Earl of Sandwich. We've been attempting to get there for years, but something or someone always got in the way. ;)

We also met two DISer's there and shared the meal (you can read about the meet when I get to that portion of my TR).

I ordered the Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich--a roasted ham with swiss cheese with Earl's mustard sauce.

Day2Pictures092.jpg

Let me just say that I absolutely loved this sandwich. It was warmed to just the right temperature so that the cheese and ham was not burned. I got chips and a diet witih the sandwich (did not like the chips at all).

Mark ordered the Original. This was fresh roasted beef, cheddar and a creamy horseradish sauce.

Day2Pictures091.jpg

Mark really enjoyed his sandwich as well.

I am so glad we finally got here, and it will definitely be on the "to keep" list and we hope to get back next year.

I give Earl of Sandwich on a scale of 1 to 10 -- a 9+. The only reason it does not get a 10 is the chips are awful, not enough soda station space and lack of inside seating for such a busy and popular place.

omgosh are you kidding me?? i LOVE the chips there! my favorite! anywho, so glad you liked Boma again and honestly I could eat EOS everyday and be satisfied!

YUM! I have never been to EOS but plan to come December. Since we are celebrating my birthday then too I signed up for the EOS club thing....and you get a free birthday sandwich. :woohoo: Your pictures make me want it NOW and I just ate dinner. :rotfl:

Oh, the juice at Boma is so delicious! Must have been so nice to take that stroll over from Kidani, too. I think maybe the buffet thing is what makes all the bacon not great? :confused3 Not sure.

EOS looks great, too. I would probably order what Mark had. Sounds delicious.

Love your report so far!! We are trying all new restaurants on our 2012 trip (at least that's the plan), and some of them you are reviewing...love that!!

All caught up!

You move too fast, Kathy! We've only been away for two days and I am how many pages behind? :lmao:

RR - I like to hear that you enjoyed your meal - it all looks good!

Boma - :thumbsup2 for the juice and wonderful server - we love it there too!

EoS - yeah for finally making there (DLRP got one too ...... :rolleyes1)

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

EoS sure is great! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you enjoyed your sandwiches - we never got the chips but after your comment maybe that was a wise choice.

We finally made it to Earl of Sandwich. We've been attempting to get there for years, but something or someone always got in the way. ;)

We also met two DISer's there and shared the meal (you can read about the meet when I get to that portion of my TR).

I ordered the Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich--a roasted ham with swiss cheese with Earl's mustard sauce.

Day2Pictures092.jpg

Let me just say that I absolutely loved this sandwich. It was warmed to just the right temperature so that the cheese and ham was not burned. I got chips and a diet witih the sandwich (did not like the chips at all).

Mark ordered the Original. This was fresh roasted beef, cheddar and a creamy horseradish sauce.

Day2Pictures091.jpg

Mark really enjoyed his sandwich as well.

I am so glad we finally got here, and it will definitely be on the "to keep" list and we hope to get back next year.

I give Earl of Sandwich on a scale of 1 to 10 -- a 9+. The only reason it does not get a 10 is the chips are awful, not enough soda station space and lack of inside seating for such a busy and popular place.

I am so glad you liked Earl's!! I was hoping it wouldn't be a flop, or I'd feel partly responsible.

The chips...the kettle cooked chips are AMAZING!!!!! BUT their baked chips are HORRBILE!!! Anakin let them sit too. I thought the kettle cooked would be too hard for his braces. So I got him the orignal baked chips. Basically they are like pringle chip in texture and consistency, but they don't even taste as good as a pringle chip. They are YUCK!!

Kettle cooked = YUM!!!

Earl's baked original = YUCK!!!!!!!!

The Earl BBQ = ok

The Salt and Vinegar = Very good if you like kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips.

EOS has great sandwhiches,but I have never been to the one at DW, because there is one 10 minutes down the road. Lucky me :rotfl:

Love the pictures and reviews! I am more excited than ever for our Boma breakfast in March. That juice sounds so good.

We love Earl of Sandwich, if you aren't on the DDP its hands down the best deal anywhere in WDW.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend with Andy and his girlfriend.

omgosh are you kidding me?? i LOVE the chips there! my favorite! anywho, so glad you liked Boma again and honestly I could eat EOS everyday and be satisfied!

Well, according to Tink's post, I obviously ordered the wrong chips. :laughing: But I'm with you, I could eat there a couople of times.

YUM! I have never been to EOS but plan to come December. Since we are celebrating my birthday then too I signed up for the EOS club thing....and you get a free birthday sandwich. :woohoo: Your pictures make me want it NOW and I just ate dinner. :rotfl:

:woohoo::woohoo: for a free sandwich. I think you'll enjoy it.

Oh, the juice at Boma is so delicious! Must have been so nice to take that stroll over from Kidani, too. I think maybe the buffet thing is what makes all the bacon not great? :confused3 Not sure.

EOS looks great, too. I would probably order what Mark had. Sounds delicious.

The walk between Jambo and Kidani was very nice. And, as for the juice, all I can say is: :worship::worship::worship:

Love your report so far!! We are trying all new restaurants on our 2012 trip (at least that's the plan), and some of them you are reviewing...love that!!

Hi, Renee...thanks. We are hoping to try a couple of more new ones next times as well; this time we tried three new ones.

we enjoyed the cuban one and the hawaii ones when we where there.

I don't remember seeing the Cuban one on the menu, but I did see the Hawaiian one (I don't like pineapple and probably why I didn't go with that one).

All caught up!

You move too fast, Kathy! We've only been away for two days and I am how many pages behind? :lmao:

RR - I like to hear that you enjoyed your meal - it all looks good!

Boma - :thumbsup2 for the juice and wonderful server - we love it there too!

EoS - yeah for finally making there (DLRP got one too ...... :rolleyes1)

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

We really did like RR; Boma is just a keeper and EOS is definitely now on the repeat list.

EoS sure is great! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you enjoyed your sandwiches - we never got the chips but after your comment maybe that was a wise choice.

It sure was great and I'm so glad we finally got there.

I am so glad you liked Earl's!! I was hoping it wouldn't be a flop, or I'd feel partly responsible.

The chips...the kettle cooked chips are AMAZING!!!!! BUT their baked chips are HORRBILE!!! Anakin let them sit too. I thought the kettle cooked would be too hard for his braces. So I got him the orignal baked chips. Basically they are like pringle chip in texture and consistency, but they don't even taste as good as a pringle chip. They are YUCK!!

Kettle cooked = YUM!!!

Earl's baked original = YUCK!!!!!!!!

The Earl BBQ = ok

The Salt and Vinegar = Very good if you like kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips.

I would NOT have held you responsible. :hug: But now I know to order the Kettle chips and not the baked. I'm not a salt and vinegar kind of person.

Yum! We went to EOS last trip and really enjoyed the food! :thumbsup2

I agree...YUM!

EOS has great sandwhiches,but I have never been to the one at DW, because there is one 10 minutes down the road. Lucky me :rotfl:

How lucky are you? We have a place called PotBelly which is similar, but not nearly as good.

Love the pictures and reviews! I am more excited than ever for our Boma breakfast in March. That juice sounds so good.

We love Earl of Sandwich, if you aren't on the DDP its hands down the best deal anywhere in WDW.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend with Andy and his girlfriend.

Amy, you are going to LOVVE Boma and the juice. We didn't do the Dining Plan this time and it was a great deal!

It was actually Markie and his girlfriend. It will be the last time we see him (unless we drive to Dubuque) until Christmas. We had a great visit, and had dinner with them Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.

I have read so many good review of EoS. I've been wanting to try that place for awhile but haven't got a chance yet. Your ham and swiss cheese looks so delicious~ Perhaps, next trip, we could try....(as long as I don't get disctracted by others). :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter