Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

Congrats! If I ever do one of these runs, I can't imagine not stopping at one of the characters stops -- even if I don't like the characters. I'd be like, "GIVE ME A BREAK, PLEASE!" LOL.

Well done!! You did a fantastic job on these races and looks like you had a great time doing. A perfect runDisney experience. I love all your medal pics at the end too.

Well done!! You did a fantastic job on these races and looks like you had a great time doing. A perfect runDisney experience. I love all your medal pics at the end too.
Thanks! It really was a lot of fun and I can't wait for 2018.

Congrats on finishing your first marathon!! What a huge accomplishment! You got some great photos along the way too!

I've been enjoying reading along, Ryan. I got emotional just looking at the pics of you crossing the finish line so I can only imagine what it was like for you first-hand! Congrats on your first marathon!

I've been enjoying reading along, Ryan. I got emotional just looking at the pics of you crossing the finish line so I can only imagine what it was like for you first-hand! Congrats on your first marathon!
Thanks!

Congrats on your first marathon! Reading your race report gave me the feels - it is such an accomplishment and you looked so solid at the finish. That will be me next year.. and I am convinced I will be a horrible mess of tears at the finish line!

Congrats on your first marathon! Reading your race report gave me the feels - it is such an accomplishment and you looked so solid at the finish. That will be me next year.. and I am convinced I will be a horrible mess of tears at the finish line!
Thanks! I'm sure you'll do great!

congratulations on finishing your Marathon! you look great at the finish line! Like, no sweat! :) such is the blessing of youth! i am scared for my 5k in a week! i feel like i be crawling to the finish line!

congratulations on finishing your Marathon! you look great at the finish line! Like, no sweat! :) such is the blessing of youth! i am scared for my 5k in a week! i feel like i be crawling to the finish line!
Thanks! You will do great and the excitement and atmosphere will keep you going.

I thoroughly enjoyed following along and congrats on completing the marathon! Also have to say in addition to the old ride vehicles, HOW COOL that they had the HM grave diggers along the route?! (And why didn't you get a picture of that lol) Those are probably the two coolest elements of the race IMO. Thank you for sharing :goodvibes

I thoroughly enjoyed following along and congrats on completing the marathon! Also have to say in addition to the old ride vehicles, HOW COOL that they had the HM grave diggers along the route?! (And why didn't you get a picture of that lol) Those are probably the two coolest elements of the race IMO. Thank you for sharing :goodvibes
Thanks! Maybe next year I will get a grave digger picture. I can't stop for everything ;)

Congrats Ryan, you did it!!! An amazing accomplishment you can be proud of forever. I'd love to hear about your thoughts along the way, how did you feel, was it harder than yu thought, any reflections on your training, anything you'd do differently? (Lots of questions, ha!) You looked like you felt great at the end.

Congrats Ryan, you did it!!! An amazing accomplishment you can be proud of forever. I'd love to hear about your thoughts along the way, how did you feel, was it harder than yu thought, any reflections on your training, anything you'd do differently? (Lots of questions, ha!) You looked like you felt great at the end.
Thanks!

Well in my recap I gave some insight into how I felt and my thoughts during the race. In terms of my training I never went over 20 miles and only did 20 miles once. Now that didn't make me the most confident going in but it worked okay for me. In training for it next year I will try to ramp up my miles a bit more knowing that I am capable of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!