GRR my wedding album

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
I got married almost 17 years ago when everyone was buying those leather permabound type albums, very expensive ones you got from the photographer.
The insides were nice had gold trim around the openings of the pictures..
well last night the kids wanted to look at it so I pull it off the shelf and I had a disney lithograhm next to it ? why? no idea but the album was all sticky and it stuck to it. so when I tried to peel it off the wonderful "leather" ripped! pulled off like paper....
the inside is fine but the book is all sticky!

:hug: I'm so sorry! How disappointing! :( At least the photos are okay.

Man it must have been the weekend for wedding album issues! Ours is 22 years old and wood (sort of a small frame in the front) and yesterday when I was doing some rearranging of shelves I started to slide it inside a door front cabinet and heard scrape! Sure enough I ran the front across a shelf support and put a "lovely" scratch in the wood. But at least the photos are ok.

Deb

what a dreadful thing to happen. To both of you.

Spinning do you think you can get a new cover for the album?

Deb, would a furniture touch up pen help cover it up. Thats what we use at work to cover scratches on old frames and such. You can buy them at Home Depot in any stain color.

Pixie Dust to both of you. I am so sorry.

haha That's how the albums still are. Mine will be (when I get it in 4-6 or who knows how many weeks) and my BIL's is from their wedding in March...Unfortunately they haven't really advanced on those much. Hope the furniture pen helps though, I know that must have been heartbreaking.

Sorry to hear about your album cover, glad your pictures are ok.

Good thing I was gone this weekend so I counldn't hurt my wedding album!

Spinning and Deb - Sorry that your albums got injured. :grouphug:

Just Curious. Has anyone had any problems with their photos in these albums? Mine's the same kind and I don't see any signs of damage, but I really don't know what was used. I would hope it was good stuff, but does anyone know?

I know that mine originally had to have all of the photos replaced! Within a year of the wedding the sleeves had all adhered to the photos. The photographer worked with the album company and they were replaced at no charge. I noticed this weekend that some of the same sort of "stuck to the photo" look was happening again but am going to wait until "drier" weather to see if it lets up. I should really transfer these into a truly safe album in all probability but so far it hasn't happened. And I figure if I'm leaving them in that album the "stuck" isn't a big deal. I really don't know if the sleeve really is attached to the photo or if it just looks that way.

Deb

Hmm...Maybe that's a difference with the new ones because I'm pretty sure mine won't have sleeves...I think it's just the mat, picture, page that holds it together, then another picture and another mat, if that makes sense. The mats stick up a good bit, so the pictures don't get touched.

Actually, BIL and his wife's album (from March) is all 8x10s and the album is a little different than mine and it has all page protectors. So it can't be a newer way I don't think...Ugh I'm confused. I hope they're safe in there because I love the classic look of those albums...

MIne does not have sleeves either. I need to take a closer look, but I do love the look of the album. I'd hate to have to redo it.

I haven't gotten my wedding album yet, long story, but I was planning on getting the traditional album with mats, etc. In doing some research I learned that they aren't acid free, etc. There haven't been any real problems reported that I could find. I love the look of the traditional albums but I am concerned about long term. I am also envisioning something getting spilled on the pictures. I think I have been scrapbooking too long and I am having trouble not following the "rules"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter