Grocery stores..not exciting...I know!

meandtheguys2

<font color=red>Did not need to resort to hissy fi
We'll be in the Disney area for 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me the best places to grocery shop? I like nice quality/decent prices. For specialty stuff, I know there is a Whole Foods, but where is the best place for the regular stuff?

Publix by a long shot. Clean, well stocked, and carry good quality meats and produce.

Stay away from Winn-Dixie and Goodings, YUCK!

Sweet Bay is OK, but I think they are expensive.

Thank you! Last trip we stayed at OLCC, and there is a Publix there that we likes, and we found the one by EGB, too. I just wasn't sure if they wre the BEST option!

Locally I buy meat at one, produce at another, and staples at another 2 or 3 places!

I agree publix is the best. As a local I have to say they are not as expensive as everyone claims them to be. Their sales are always better than the other guys' sales. Over all their selection is much better. They have a rule that if you ask for it they have to get it for you. I like that.

Their pharmacy always treats me better than everyone else and so does the rest of their staff. They take groceries out to the car for you. They help you find stuff by leading you to the item. They will get stuff for you that you can not reach. I have a hip injury that sometimes makes bending over hard for me. So I love them for that.

Also their meats are always nicer quality in both the deli and the butcher sections. They sell Boars head meats. They even have an awesome sub station that beats out all the places like subway on quality. The bread is perfect. They know what extra onions mean. You can choose publix brand meat or Boars Head. Even their own brand meat is better than subway. Yummy.

Another vote for Publix. We have used Winn Dixie before too and it was ok, depending upon where we are staying.

Publix is the best (and the one at International Drive and Apopka Vineland is the best of the Publixes), Super Target is also decent.

Whatever you do, stay away from Goodings, dirty and ridiculously overpriced.

We left a cartload of groceries at Goodings, once. We waited in line for 15 minutes while the woman in front of us looked for A coupon for $.50. We even offered her the money to finish up. The gal at the register let it go on...so we walked out.

I forgot about Super Target! Love wandering around there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!