Grocery Store

KANSAS

DIS Veteran
I am staying at OLD KEY WEST And BEACH CLUB VILLA
for 12 days

Please advise, what grocery store, would you go to the first night?

would you take a taxi or MEARS Lincoln Towne Car?

would you purchase enought groceries for all 12 nights or just the 5 nights at OKW then do it all over again, for the 7 nights at
BCV

i.e. a check out at 1100 AM AT OKW, move groceries, to BCV and not be able to check in until 400 PM.

#4.
please tell me what groceries, you need to get offsite and what you can conveniently get at OKW OR BCV.

I want enough for my trip, but not enough so alot of waste.

#5.
Do most of you eat breakfast in your timeshare, lunch at the park and dinner sometimes at your condo and sometimes at the park??

Please advise, what grocery store, would you go to the first night?

would you take a taxi or MEARS Lincoln Towne Car?

We have used the town car companies. Once TCC and the other Yourride. One stopped at a Publix and the other at the Winn Dixie near Downtown Disney. When we rent a car, we go to the Publix on 535.

would you purchase enought groceries for all 12 nights or just the 5 nights at OKW then do it all over again, for the 7 nights at
BCV

i.e. a check out at 1100 AM AT OKW, move groceries, to BCV and not be able to check in until 400 PM.

Why waste time going to the grocery store twice? I can find better things to do than spending time at the grocery store. They have a refridgerator to store the cold items. We keep the grocery bags to put them in for storage when we switch.

#4.
please tell me what groceries, you need to get offsite and what you can conveniently get at OKW OR BCV.

I want enough for my trip, but not enough so alot of waste.

You can get milk, some fruit, small condiments, bread, sodas, wine, etc. at the stores but they cost a whole lot more than at Publix. We always start off with great expectations that this and that we buy will be eaten, but we still have waste at the end of the trip; we can't help it. We also bring items from home such as salt and pepper, snacks from Sam's Club in our suitcase.

#5.
Do most of you eat breakfast in your timeshare, lunch at the park and dinner sometimes at your condo and sometimes at the park??

We eat breakfast in the villa and have a big lunch in the park (i.e. Crystal Palace/Garden Grille) and have a light dinner of sandwiches back in the villa after the break time before heading back into the parks.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to vacations. Some don't want to look at a kitchen pan and eat out all the time because they are on vacation whereas we don't have any problems with having a light dinner at the villa to save some money.

Hope this helps a bit. Happy planning!!

Thank you for your detailed reply

What grocery stores is the closes to OKW?
WHat grocery store, would you recommend, even if distance involved??

We like Publix the best. There's one behind the Premium Outlet Malls just east of the World. Much better prices than Goodings at the Crossroads.

If you use a towncar service that includes a grocery stop, I like the Albertson's off Orange Blossom Trail on the way from the airport. It is never very crowded, has good selection and good prices. they have a phone and fax (which I have lost, sorry) so that you can even call your order in ahead, and they will have it waiting for you at the service desk, so all you have to do is go in and pay. If I were you, I would buy the bulk of my groceries at the beginning of the trip, and just replace milk, juice, bread, etc. as needed later at the resort stores. When you switch resorts, they will store your groceries, including refrigerated items, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Originally posted by KANSAS
What grocery store is the closest to OKW?
What grocery store, would you recommend, even if distance involved??
The closest grocery store is Goodings at the Crossroads at Lake Buena Vista. I used to defend Goodings based on its convenience, but there are now other stores that are almost as convenient. And the price difference between Goodings and other stores seems to have increased over the years.

The second closest is Winn-Dixie Marketplace, 11957 South Apopka-Vineland Rd, about a half mile north of the Crossroads at Lake Buena Vista.

The third closest grocery store is Publix at Regency Village Shopping Center, 8145 Vineland Ave., Orlando, just north of Orlando Premium Outlets. This is our favorite store when staying at OKW. We like the Publix chain better that the Winn-Dixie chain, regardless of where we are in Florida.

You'll see recommendations to go to other Publix stores, such as two stores down on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (192), but these stores are further away and harder to get to. The Publix near Orlando Premium Outlets just opened in 2002, so many visitors don't know about it yet.

Finally, it seems that towncar drivers each have their favorite stops. We've used Tiffany Towncar three times, and we stopped at a different Publix store each time.

Thank you for this reply
this is exactly the information. I was looking for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter