Grocery Stop and ASMo

grammagail

Mouseketeer
We are doing the grocery stop on our way from MCO. But I just thought of something - we'll be traveling with about 6-7 suitcases, 4 adults and 1 - 4 yo. Now, after my grocery stop - I'll have a few bags, plus probably a case of water and a case (or 2 ;) ) of beer.

Logistically - will this be possible to get from our towncar/van, to the lobby - to register, etc.???

I hadn't thought about that piece of it. I can't imagine how we'll handle all this? I'm "assuming" they have those luggage racks at the entrance?

Thanks.

Yes they do, plus bell hops. You do not have to lift a finger if you don't want to. Enjoy your vacation! ::MickeyMo

Thanks. I wasn't sure if ASMo had bellhops. It's been almost 10 years since we've been to Disney - last time staying at ASMu. I remember getting in around midnight (late flight) and walking clear to the back of the resort, tired, with all our luggage.

By morning - we loved the resort - but sure was hard the previous night.

So I was just getting these vision in my head of all our stuff this time.

We used a shuttle service that offered a grocery stop 3 weeks ago. The shuttle service was FABULOUS! However, the faxed list that I sent to the grocery store (and verified by phone the next day) was only partially filled. The first and most important thing on the list was diapers and guess what, there were no diapers in the bags when I got to the hotel! You would not believe what we went through to get offsite so we could purchase diapers! Had I known, I would have bought diapers at home for about $15. Instead it cost us about $50.

Anyway, I know it's slightly off topic, but I saw the words "grocery stop" and "towncar/van" in the same sentence and just went kind of crazy:crazy: . Be sure to check your groceries if you are having the store do your shopping, diapers was not the only thing they screwed up for me.

That must have been awful. Actually we're making the stop ourselves. I've read about faxing the order, but I'll just do it myself.

I'm not going overboard - mainly water, beer and a few snackies. I just realized that with luggage for 5, plus the bulkiness of water and beer - knew I wouldn't have enough "hands":tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter