Grocery delivery to resort?

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Are there any recent experiences with grocery delivery to Disney resorts?

I am not a fan of instacart as they markup the grocery prices and charge a fee. Garden Grocer has bad reviews lately and I find it to be too expensive.

Target seems to be good, same prices as in store with a clear fee.

Walmart seems to be the same except I've read about issues with drivers and difficulties accepting the delivery.

The Dizzy Dolphins service seems ok too - pay store prices with a clear fee. But alcohol has an extra fee attached.

Honestly, I'd like to shop myself in store but I'm not sure we can navigate an unfamiliar store in 20 to 30 minutes.

Does anyone have thoughts? We will likely have a large order as we will be staying in a villa and preparing several meals at "home". Ideally we will be able to order a rotisserie chicken and maybe fresh pizzas as well (I know Walmart has these products available for delivery).

if you have Amazon Prime, have you looked at using Amazon Fresh? We haven't used it yet, but I'm going to use it in September for our trip...... it's free delivery if it's over $35 ( I have read really good things about Amazon Fresh, which is why we are choosing them.....)

I saw that as an option too. We are Canadian so I also have to figure out if any of these services will work for us....... I'll keep that one in mind! Thank you! :)

You could do an on-line order at a store like Target (or who ever else offers this option) and then just take an Uber/Lyft to go pick it up. Then you wouldn't have to navigate the entire store. Just run in and pick it up.

We use Garden Grocer. It's expensive but very consistent. If you can afford Disney resorts you can afford GC.

We've used Amazon Fresh without any issues. It might be worth it to look into a free trial of prime before your trip.

Last week we had groceries delivered from Publix - they use instacart. It worked well. Once we got to the resort Bell service brought them to our room, And charged $6 for it (plus tip). Instacart has free sign up for two weeks.

Last week we had groceries delivered from Publix - they use instacart. It worked well. Once we got to the resort Bell service brought them to our room, And charged $6 for it (plus tip). Instacart has free sign up for two weeks.
We used Instacart as well. The only issue was that 1 dozen of the 3 dozen eggs we had were broken. I noted that online and they immediately refunded us for all 3 dozen eggs (there was no way to differentiate how many). Very easy.

We are staying at Fort Wilderness and will need food an alcohol. We have used Garden Grocery in the past, but as someone said it is expensive. What is the best for alcohol and food?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the current situation for having groceries delivered to an All Star resort? Does it go to bell services or do we have to meet the driver?

We used to order cases of water and few other items but it's been years since we did that...back then it went to bell services and they would automatically bring it to the room. I'm very out of the loop on this one.

Thanks

Does anyone know the current situation for having groceries delivered to an All Star resort? Does it go to bell services or do we have to meet the driver?

We used to order cases of water and few other items but it's been years since we did that...back then it went to bell services and they would automatically bring it to the room. I'm very out of the loop on this one.

Thanks

If you're at Music, note this new system that started late last year:

Locker System for Receiving Packages and Deliveries
Beginning December 29, 2021, select vendors will be able to drop off certain packages and groceries for Disney’s All-Star Music Resort Guests at new locker facilities outside Melody Hall—located near luggage services.

Guests who check in using Online Check-in service will receive an email notification when packages or grocery items have been delivered to the lockers, with instructions on how to access the locker. The email notification will be sent to the email address provided or confirmed when using Online Check-In service.

Here are some important things to know about this service:

• Both dry-good storage and refrigerated storage are offered, subject to availability.
  • A $6 per-package handling fee will apply.
  • Certain items (for example, alcoholic beverages) cannot be delivered to the lockers and must be picked up in-person.
  • Deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted.
  • At this time, Guests who do not use Online Check-In service will continue to be required to pick up packages and groceries at bell services or arrange for in-person delivery with the vendor directly.
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/all-star-music-resort/services-amenities/

For the others, the usual setup applies:

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room

Grocery deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted. If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification, Guests are required to meet and accept delivery directly from the vendor; Disney Resort hotels will not accept delivery of such orders on behalf of any Guest.
For other grocery orders delivered to the Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each grocery delivery order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, these deliveries may be picked up in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance at no charge.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

If you order groceries online, when they say directly to the room, can they go to a specific room number or do you have to meet them at the resort entrance?

DD & I have used Garden Grocery a couple of times. A tad pricy, but we’ve always been pleased with them. Using them again next month - the earlier you put your order in, the better the discount.

We use Garden Grocer. It's expensive but very consistent. If you can afford Disney resorts you can afford GC.
I disagree with this~ we have used Garden Grocer for over 10 years now, and have always loved them and their service. However, their prices are CRAZY high now, they often don't deliver what is in the order due to availability and we have had inconsistent service with them the last THREE times we've used them. Add in the resort delivery fee and I just feel they are no longer a competitive service when there are so many other choices available. I have communicated this with them, wanting to be loyal and have never gotten a response. Just because I can afford Disney resorts doesn't mean I want to pay high prices for cra**y service. We've used Amazon Fresh on the last two trips and were very happy with the prices, ease and convenience of it.

I disagree with this~ we have used Garden Grocer for over 10 years now, and have always loved them and their service. However, their prices are CRAZY high now, they often don't deliver what is in the order due to availability and we have had inconsistent service with them the last THREE times we've used them. Add in the resort delivery fee and I just feel they are no longer a competitive service when there are so many other choices available. I have communicated this with them, wanting to be loyal and have never gotten a response. Just because I can afford Disney resorts doesn't mean I want to pay high prices for cra**y service. We've used Amazon Fresh on the last two trips and were very happy with the prices, ease and convenience of it.
Did Amazon Fresh deliver right to your room?

We used Instacart last month for delivery to POP, had alcohol so had to meet driver was not the best service from this driver. Second order used Shipt, left with Bell services, went and picked it up when we got back from the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter