Grocery and Packing Questions

Chloe'sMom

I'm wonderful in my imperfection!
Where do you order your groceries from?

What do you typically order? I know we'll be doing breakfast and some lunches in the room - but I hope to do most dinners out of the room.

Is there a pan to cook frozen pizza on?

Do pack a hamper? Or what do you do with your dirty clothes?

How many loads of laundry do you typically do for a 7 to 10 day stay?

Thanks for answreing my OCD questions!

~Amanda

Chloe'sMom said:
Where do you order your groceries from?

What do you typically order? I know we'll be doing breakfast and some lunches in the room - but I hope to do most dinners out of the room.

Is there a pan to cook frozen pizza on?

Do pack a hamper? Or what do you do with your dirty clothes?

How many loads of laundry do you typically do for a 7 to 10 day stay?

Thanks for answreing my OCD questions!

~Amanda

I think there is a cookie sheet. So you could use that for pizza.

I bring a popup hamper, but there is a laundry basket in the one bedroom and larger. Non in the studios. I usually throw a load into the washer at least once a day or maybe twice a day. That way, we don't bring as much and I go home with clean clothes. Sometimes it's just based on who wants to wear what. My husband is a runner and he usually runs while we're at WDW. His running clothes get pretty stinky if they sit around for a day or two, so I'll run a load to get them clean.

I use a couple of those really extra large Ziploc storage bags as a hamper. They came out about a year ago, and they serve their purpose nicely.

There are hampers in the 1 bedroom and larger rooms. I'll do laundry maybe once a day-it's just my dh and I. I'll throw our towels in with our whites, etc. Not a biggie for us. I do bring my own laundry detergent, I'll put the correct amount of 'scoops' in a zip lock sandwich bag and then put in a larger zip lock bag in case of spills, etc.
As far as food, I bring as much from home as I can. I've learned we're happy with maybe cheese and crackers, throw in some peanut butter, microwave popcorn, coffee.
For breakfast, I have a small lunch sized cooler and will briing along some frozen bacon and then plan on buying my eggs and milk and bread at the marketplace at the resort.
If I think cereal is in order, will throw that in a suitcase. HATE grocery shopping on vacation and try to stick to the 'mom's on vacation too' policy as much as I can.
Hope this helps!

We typically have our groceries delivered from Wegoshop.com ...

We usually get Bisquick (or some cheap baking mix)... That covers us for waffles, pancakes, cookies, etc.. Milk, eggs, sausage, hot dogs, frozen pizzas, bagged salads, frozen french fries, potato chips, bread, mayo, etc... The trick is ususally to put together a list of thing you can make that are 1) quick, and 2) require few ingredients...

There is a cookie sheet to cook a frozen pizza on...

As far as loads of laundry.. That depends on two things... 1) How many people you are taking, and 2) how much did you pack? It is usually at least four of us, and we usually only pack 3 days worth of clothes... So we are doing on average two loads per day...

We used wegoshop.com for the 1st time this last trip. Also used ME for our transportation. I don't think I will ever go back to the town car/grocery stop again! It was fabulous!! The only drawback was that I had to create my shopping list weeks in advance and I can barely do that for our daily needs here at home!

We have used a pop-up hamper (think I got mine from either Walmart or Bed Bath & Beyond) before but this last time we just used the laundry basket under the bathroom sink. Only DH & me for it worked out fine. I only did one load of laundry for our 4 day visit since I forgot additional laundry detergent.

They do not sell laundry detergent at BCV Marketplace so definitely pack your own to be on the safe side!!!!

We used wegoshop in October. It was nice to not have to buy groceries, but I had to plan everything out - and even then we ended up with too much food by the end of week 2. Every other trip we've gone to get our own groceries. I can actualy send you my list, but it's too long to post here. (Generally breakfast stuff (cereal, bagels, eggs), salad stuff (bagged lettuce), sandwich stuff, frozen meals, snacks, water, water, and more water.)

We also have used the collapsible hampers. I found some for a couple dollars at Walgreens. There is one small laundry basket in the 1 br section. Before I bought the hampers, I would just use a suitcase for the dirty laundry (the 1BR closet is big enough to set the open suitcase out on the floor). We usually unpack into the draweres, so the suitcases are mostly empty during our stay.

I usually do laundry once during each week (5-7 days) of our trip. I do 3 loads white, light, dark. I usually start on the morning of day 4 or 5 and finish at the end of day 5 or 6. I also like to return home with mostly clean laundry.

Glad to see I'm not the only obsessive-compulsive planner on groceries and packing!

We're just buying in (in ROFR as we type), and we don't plan to actually go until 8/08...but I'm already wondering about groceries! I've never been on a vacation like this where I'll need to plan ahead on meals, but have food delivered to the room. So, I appreciate the input from experienced DVC-ers.

Is there absolutely nothing in the kitchen when you get there, or might there be some condiments (ketchup, etc.) that others have left behind? Has anyone had any problems with shipping in perishables? We did use netgrocer on our last trip (at the Poly), but no perishables. I'm a little worried because Disney forgot to put the stuff in our room last time. What kinds of food are available in the Marketplace (we're buying into BCV)? I don't expect their prices to be cheap, but I'm wondering if you can get, say, eggs or lunch meat.

Thanks for all your responses.

Where do you order your groceries from? We used Wego Shop in September, and Marge was great!!

What do you typically order? I know we'll be doing breakfast and some lunches in the room - but I hope to do most dinners out of the room. We get cereal, milk, bread, pb&J, a case of bottled water, soda, and snacks.

Is there a pan to cook frozen pizza on? Yes.

Do pack a hamper? Or what do you do with your dirty clothes? I throw them on the floor in the walk-in closet! :blush: :blush:

How many loads of laundry do you typically do for a 7 to 10 day stay? Usually only 1 load, but it's just 2 of us.

We used GardenGrocer.com for our groceries in September. They were very responsive and professional and I would highly recommend them. We usually get breakfast and lunch stuff, things to make very easy dinners, Cokes, bottled water, snacks, fresh fruit, milk, and beer/wine. There are some things we pack along with us - tiny bottles of condiments (since all you can usually buy are bigger ones that will just go to waste), sugar and creamer for coffee, salt and pepper shakers, flavored coffee that DH loves.

I do the same thing debbiepump does with the laundry detergent. How often you'll need to do laundry will depend on how much you bring. For a 7-day stay, I packed 4 sets of clothing for each of us, so I only had to do laundry once, but that could be different for you. We always pack a pop-up hamper for the kids to use which works great for us.

How far in advance do people typically order from Wegoshop or Garden Grocer for their trips?

Thanks!

the http://www.gardengrocer.com/ is great, Brian is great, Have used them 4 times now....will aways use them....and they are adding more and more to there list including smaller bottles of things, plus you can always call them or email them with questions or things you need to add that are not on their list..THEY are GREAT, can not say enough about them, gee I even have them in my cell phone :rotfl: for I go about 3 times a year and just found them a little while ago......

I once sent in my order the day before and had no problems, they even called me at home to verify everything, it was my first time and they were great. I now plan ahead but do it about a few days ahead just incase I forgot something....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter