Grim Grinning Ghosts - An October 2019 Getaway

UniversalDuder

Earning My Ears
Long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife and I had our original vacation plans for Italy fall through, so we decided to make our planned vacation to Orlando for 2020 come a little sooner than expected. We're both huge horror fans, so the main reason for coming is Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, but we've got plenty of Disney experiences planned before HHN.

My first time at Disney/Universal was in September of last year and I LOVED IT, but I'm really looking forward to experiencing and prioritizing more of what I enjoyed last year.

Here's our trip plan so far:

Friday, Oct. 25 - Arrive in MCO at 5pm, check-in at All Star Movies and then head directly to Epcot for a few hours of Food & Wine. FP+ for Frozen, Mission: Space and Spaceship Earth.
Saturday, Oct. 26 - Magic Kingdom. FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Splash Mountain and Seven Dwarf's Mine Train. Lunch at Be Our Guest. Dinner at The Plaza.
Sunday, Oct. 27 - Animal Kingdom. FP+for Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids and Flight of Passage. Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and dinner at Satu'li Canteen.
Monday, Oct. 28 - Hollywood Studios. FP+ for Tower of Terror, Star Tours and Muppetvision. Lunch at Sci-Fi. Dinner at Ronto Roasters. Drink reservations at Oga's Cantina.
Tuesday, Oct. 29 - Morning at Hollywood Studios. FP+ for Rock N' Roller Coaster, Star Tours and Indiana Jones. Lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby. After our afternoon break, head for Universal Citywalk for our first night of HHN.
Wednesday, Oct. 30 - Magic Kingdom. FP+ for Peter Pan, SDMT and Splash Mountain. Lunch at Cosmic Ray's. Dinner at Boatwright's.
Thursday, Oct. 31 - All day at Universal. HHN in the evening with Express.
Friday, Nov. 1st - All day at Universal HHN in the evening with Express.
Saturday, Nov. 2 - Last day of our trip. Morning at Animal Kingdom. FP+ for Everest, Dinosaur and FoP. Flight takes off mid-afternoon.

Hopefully I will get to ride Hagrid's at Universal, and maybe rope drop Toy Story Land, since we spent almost no time there last year due to the overwhelming crowds and total lack of shade.

Following along. Your plans sound great. We'll be in Orlando at the same time, going to HHN on 10/27 and 29!

Sweet! In our original plans we were heading to HHN on the 27th as well, but we heard the crowds might be lighter on the 29th and we didn't want to buy a third night of Express.

What HHN houses are you looking forward to the most? My current hype list is:
  1. Universal Classic Monsters
  2. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
  3. Ghostbusters
  4. Us
  5. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
  6. Graveyard Games
  7. Stranger Things
  8. Nightingales: Blood Pit
  9. House of 1000 Corpses
  10. Depths of Fear

What HHN houses are you looking forward to the most? My current hype list is:
  1. Universal Classic Monsters
  2. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
  3. Ghostbusters
  4. Us
  5. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
  6. Graveyard Games
  7. Stranger Things
  8. Nightingales: Blood Pit
  9. House of 1000 Corpses
  10. Depths of Fear

Hm my list has changed based on the reviews so far but right now it's:

1. Killer Klowns
2. Ghostbusters
3. Universal Monsters
4. Stranger Things
5. Graveyard Games
6. Yeti
7. Us
8. Nightingales
9. Depths of Fear
10. House of 1000 Corpses

I've heard House of 1000 Corpses is a cool house but I just really don't like that movie so I find it hard to get excited for lol

Following along. Going to Universal in Nov. one night at WDW for MVMCP the night before. Hoping to ride Hagrids. Still working on the strategy for that .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter