Greetings From England !! Updated 5/6 - Mission Completed - The Votes Are In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your food at Charlie's looks delicious, especially the bread, salad, and potatoes. My dad loves steak, so I think he would really enjoy eating here!

[size=+1]Wow, the sun is shining in London today and it looks like it’s going to stay for the weekend :cheer2:

Today was a really early start for us as we were booked onto the Fort Wilderness Segway Tour at 8.30am

I grabbed my coffee from the lobby and we jumped straight in the car:drive:

It turns out we were the only two guests today so we ended up with a private tour :thumbsup2 Now I know this report is all about the food but this tour was one of the highlights of our vacation and I would highly recommend doing it. The area around Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and so peaceful. We saw Deer, Butterflies, Birds, Lizards and even an Armadillo :yay:

IMG_0340-1.jpg

'This is going to ruin my hair'

Anyway let’s get on with what you are all here for ……….

Once our tour was over we decided to head over to the Wilderness Lodge to get something to eat.

We had our first ever look at this beautiful resort on our Segway tour and really wanted to take a look at the rest of it

Just another quick diversion …………… we just fell in love with this resort and have decided that this is where we are going to stay when we are back in the World next year :love:

After looking around the grounds we stumbled across Roaring Forks and headed straight in. I particularly liked the look of the menu in here and the salads that they were preparing for other guests looked really good.

Here is what we eventually decided on

IMG_0345-1.jpg

Cheese Flatbread and Coke for DH

IMG_0347-1.jpg

Grilled Vegetable Sandwich With Red Pepper Hummus, Lemon Vinaigrette and Pasta Salad and Milk to drink for me

We sat outside overlooking the pool and really enjoyed this lunch.

Everything was made to order so was very fresh and tasty. DH loved his Flatbread and the sandwich was wonderful, it was so full of flavour and during every step of the preparation the CM would ask me what I wanted to add and how much of it I wanted to add so it was exactly what I wanted. If we hadn’t already decided that this was the resort for us then this sealed the deal :cloud9:

We didn’t have too many plans for the afternoon as we had a wonderful evening to look forward to. We decided to do some shopping and head back to the hotel but not before stopping off at Friendly’s for some ice cream

IMG_0352-1.jpg

Butterfinger Sundae for DH

IMG_0353-1.jpg

Mint Choc Chip & Vanilla Scoop for me

This was just what we both needed. So with my sweet tooth satisfied we headed back to the hotel to get ready for an evening at DTD

Coming Up …………… Wolfgang Puck’s Express & La Nouba :banana:[/size]

HI. i have just read your whole report...and loved it,:goodvibes but i don't know how you can go to the cheesecake factory and not have cheesecake;)- your meals look amazing... I now have some new places to add to my very small list :rolleyes1

Great to have you on board, thanks so much for reading :flower3: I'm sitting here wishing I had some of that Cheesecake right now

Your food at Charlie's looks delicious, especially the bread, salad, and potatoes. My dad loves steak, so I think he would really enjoy eating here!

I would have been more than happy to make my whole meal out of the bread, salad and potatoes - yummy :thumbsup2

We really loved the Segway tour at Fort Wilderness, it really is much better than the Epcot one.

Glad you liked Wilderness Lodge, we stayed there in 2008 and fell in love with the place. Was hoping to stay there in August but we decided to go back to Boardwalk Villas. We will definitely go back though :thumbsup2

Roaring Fork is a grest counter service place, although slightly limited in options we found, after 10 days. Having said that, I could eat Disney's chicken nuggets/fingers every day and not get fed up with them :love:

Loving your reviews! Thanks so much for taking the time to share!

We really loved the Segway tour at Fort Wilderness, it really is much better than the Epcot one.

Glad you liked Wilderness Lodge, we stayed there in 2008 and fell in love with the place. Was hoping to stay there in August but we decided to go back to Boardwalk Villas. We will definitely go back though :thumbsup2

Roaring Fork is a grest counter service place, although slightly limited in options we found, after 10 days. Having said that, I could eat Disney's chicken nuggets/fingers every day and not get fed up with them :love:

You must be soooo excited about your August trip (not long now) :cool1:
It's funny. I can't put my finger on why this resort got to us more than any of the others but we both said 'this is the one'

Loving your reviews! Thanks so much for taking the time to share!

You are very welcome, I didn't think anyone would read this stuff :laughing:

[size=+1]Morning everyone :wave2:

We were both excited about our night at Downtown Disney as we had tickets for La Nouba. Neither of us had ever seen a Cirque Du Soleil show and we were curious to see what it would be like

First stop after parking the car was at Bongos Cuban Cafe for a pre-dinner drink. We grabbed a table outside so we could people watch (don't you just love doing that?) DH had a Coke and I ordered one of these

IMG_0354-1.jpg

A Classic Mojito

Mmmm, very strong but very nice :thumbsup2

After leaving Bongos we took a slow walk over to Marketplace, checking out some of the stores on the way

We were both getting hungry by now and after reading so many great reviews on the Boards we decided to head into Wolfgang Puck Express

Considering how busy it was in DTD that evening it was fairly easy to get a table here. I guess it's because it is tucked out of the way and most people don't even know it's there

We placed our order at the counter and headed outside to find a table. It wasn't long at all before our food arrived

IMG_0358-1.jpg

Turkey Melt With Sweet Potato Fries

DH thought this was wonderful. I wasn't sure if he would enjoy the fries as he is not usually a fan of sweet potato (I love them) but he ate every last one. The sandwich was packed full of Turkey and overall this meal was a big hit with DH

I thought the menu here was great and had a tough time deciding but finally ended up with this

IMG_0359-1.jpg

Four Cheese Pesto Pizza- creamy goat cheese, mozzarella, fontina and Parmesan with Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic-basil pesto sauce and sun dried tomatoes

Oh boy this was good :woohoo:

I love goat cheese and there was lots of it on this Pizza. The base was just how I like it (really thin and crisp)

If you are looking for somewhere to get a quick but freshly cooked informal dinner then I would 100% recommend this place :thumbsup2

WPE gets popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: out of popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Following our great meal we took a slow walk back to the Westside ready for the 9pm showing of La Nouba. What a great show by the way. As soon as it was over DH jumped to his feet to applaud the performers. It is just amazing what these guys can do :worship:

We were both buzzing after we left the theatre so we decided to get a night-cap at the House Of Blues before heading home

DH got a Coke - sorry I never did take pictures of his drinks but here he is with his beverage of choice to make up for it

IMG_0172-1-1.jpg
'

Do I get free refills?

I ended up choosing this

IMG_0360-1.jpg

Green Gator - Coconut Rum, Melon Liquor & Pinapple Juice :cloud9:

Another great night :yay:

Coming up next ........... Islands Of Adventure[/size]

And another great review from you Linda!

La Nouba faszinates us every time we go ....... and we have been a few times! :lmao:

Happy that you enjoyed WPE! Your hubby's sandwich looks yummy! Tom would so love this - we must have missed the sweet potato fries! :scared1: And you had my absolute favourite the 4 cheese pesto - isn't that goat's cheese wonderful?
I was close to biting into my screen seeing it! ;) :rotfl:

Thanks for doing the reviews! You are doing an outstanding job! :worship:

And another great review from you Linda!

La Nouba faszinates us every time we go ....... and we have been a few times! :lmao:

Happy that you enjoyed WPE! Your hubby's sandwich looks yummy! Tom would so love this - we must have missed the sweet potato fries! :scared1: And you had my absolute favourite the 4 cheese pesto - isn't that goat's cheese wonderful?
I was close to biting into my screen seeing it! ;) :rotfl:

Thanks for doing the reviews! You are doing an outstanding job! :worship:

Thanks Karin, that means a lot coming from you as your reviews are wonderful and I love reading them :worship:

I know you love WPE and it was your reviews that convinced me that this would be a great place to try - and it sure was :cool1:

Linda I am really enjoying your reviews!:thumbsup2

I can't believe you saw an armadillo on your segway tour! The first time I went to WDW in 2006 I saw an armadillo from the car on the first day. Nobody believed me and I've had to put up with a lot of teasing since then!

Those sweet potato fries look amazing - I shall have to look out for them in August!

La Nouba is amazing isn't it? We've been twice and the first time I saw it I couldn't quite believe my eyes!:eek:

Shari x

So enjoying your reviews, Linda, :thumbsup2

Interested to hear what you thought of Wildewrness lodge, it's one of the few resorts we've not yet been to...hopefully to be put right in August at Artists Point!

Looking forward to the next installment:surfweb:

WPE pizzas are delicious :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed La Nouba, what a geat show!

Linda I am really enjoying your reviews!:thumbsup2

I can't believe you saw an armadillo on your segway tour! The first time I went to WDW in 2006 I saw an armadillo from the car on the first day. Nobody believed me and I've had to put up with a lot of teasing since then!

Those sweet potato fries look amazing - I shall have to look out for them in August!

La Nouba is amazing isn't it? We've been twice and the first time I saw it I couldn't quite believe my eyes!:eek:

Shari x

I don't get to see may Armadillos on my usual morning journey :laughing:

So enjoying your reviews, Linda, :thumbsup2

Interested to hear what you thought of Wildewrness lodge, it's one of the few resorts we've not yet been to...hopefully to be put right in August at Artists Point!

Looking forward to the next installment:surfweb:

We loved WL and have just booked for 2011 :yay: I can't put my finger on why I loved it, I just did. We will certainly try and get an ADR at Artists Point on our next trip

WPE pizzas are delicious :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed La Nouba, what a geat show!

I am sure it has been said a million times but how amazing are the little diablo girls :worship:

[size=+1]Hello lovely DIS peeps :wave2:

I'm not going to get time to post tomorrow so I thought I would give you a quick taste of Universal's Island Of Adventure

IMG_0363-2.jpg

When we were planning our vacation we thought we would give this a miss (we've been several times before) but there was a fantastic offer on a two park ticket so we though we might as well visit

Out of all of the days we spent in the parks this was by far the most empty park we came across. I guess everyone is waiting for Harry Potter to open before visiting.

This was great for us as we could walk on to any ride at any time :yay:

After multiple rides on the hulk, duelling dragons and spiderman we needed a quick pick me up so we got a sugar fix from Seuss Landing

IMG_0381-1.jpg

Oatmeal & Raisin Cookie for DH and a Choc Chip Cookie and a Latte for me

Yum, Yum, Yum ............ and great coffee yet again.

We continued our journey around the almost empty park, re-visiting our fave rides until DH spotted a treat that we had never tried

IMG_0394-1.jpg

Churros

That's right, we had never had one of these delights before and we were always seeing other people with them so we thought it was time to try for ourselves. The verdict ................ yeah, OK but didn't blow us away :confused3

Now, I am going to justify our next snack by saying that we did have an ADR for a 'proper' meal in the evening because I have just realised that all we did all day was eat sugary snacks :scared1:

Next up on the sugar train was this

IMG_0396-1.jpg

Original Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll

Words fail me .................. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Where have you been all my life? Yes people, this was my first every Cinnamon Roll (please don't let it be my last)

I also grabbed (yet another) latte from the Croissant Moon Cafe

Yeah, we spent a day eating nothing but sugar but ....

(1) we are on vacation and
(2) how the hell else can you get through 4 rides on the Hulk :laughing:

Coming Up Next ............ 'Real Food' at Kona Cafe[/size]

Can't wait to hear about Kona Cafe!

And I totally agree with why you should be allowed to eat as much sugar as you like on holiday!

Everybody knows that when you go to another country - the calories don't count!:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter