Green eggs and ham........burger ?

Frankie Nova

Mouseketeer
This is a question about the importance of preplanning (180 out) ADR
of breakfast locations as well as lunch locations( keep in mind I will be on the Deluxe dinner plan) .I have no interest in any character dining seeing it is going to be my wife and I during our 20th anniversary vacation. The question is do I have to be as diligent getting reservations for breakfast and lunch as I do with dinner? I hate to feel bogged down with time for all 3 meals but want to enjoy the best that can be offered. With that being said I will plan all 3 meals if need be
Thank you and in case your wondering my names not SAM

This is a question about the importance of preplanning (180 out) ADR
of breakfast locations as well as lunch locations( keep in mind I will be on the Deluxe dinner plan) .I have no interest in any character dining seeing it is going to be my wife and I during our 20th anniversary vacation. The question is do I have to be as diligent getting reservations for breakfast and lunch as I do with dinner? I hate to feel bogged down with time for all 3 meals but want to enjoy the best that can be offered. With that being said I will plan all 3 meals if need be
Thank you and in case your wondering my names not SAM

I think I would at least have a plan or an idea of where I wanted to eat breakfast/lunch. If you do mainly signature dining for dinner, you'll only need one other TS per night of stay. That would definitely be easier to do on the fly than two, but you'll need to be flexible with where and when those meals are. Non-character breakfasts are easier to do the night before or day of. Restaurants outside of the parks and most EP restaurants are easier at lunch. You will still want to make an ADR, but you can do that with your phone the day before or the day of just by checking what's available. Many reports of people walking up and being told no, then using their phone to find an ADR at that same time and getting in.

Are you planning on doing the Sunday brunch at California Grill? If so, that would be one you'd want to book 180 days out. We were able to get a table at 180 days out, and right now its 112 days out and there are no tables available. Other than that, I don't think there's any breakfast or lunch reservations that warrant booking at 180 days out that don't include characters.

BTW- the brunch takes 2 meal credits and includes valet parking. Happy anniversary!

Are you planning on doing the Sunday brunch at California Grill? If so, that would be one you'd want to book 180 days out. We were able to get a table at 180 days out, and right now its 112 days out and there are no tables available. Other than that, I don't think there's any breakfast or lunch reservations that warrant booking at 180 days out that don't include characters.

BTW- the brunch takes 2 meal credits and includes valet parking. Happy anniversary!
thank you was going to diligently seek cali grille for dinner .... will do breakfast as well thanks

Many restaurants are available without planning 180 out. If you're flexible, winging it during the day isn't a bad idea - just get a feel for what looks good in the different parks and which resorts are nearby (esp. helpful @ Studios, where sit-down choices are limited to begin with) so you have a sense of what is practical, transportation-wise.

And remember - last minute ADRs from the app tend to be easier than walkups. Disney doesn't hold tables out of inventory for walk-ups, and it isn't unheard of to be told no at the podium when asking about walk-up seating only to hop on the app and find a tables available almost immediately. So save yourself some time and walking and just get on MDE to see what's available when have a sense for when and where you'd like to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter