Green Card

lamby

Earning My Ears
I'm curious if someone has travelled with a family member who is not yet a citizen. DH has a green card, but the rest of us are US citizens. When we check-in at the port, does he need to check-in somewhere different, or do we stay together? I suppose the same question will come up regarding immigration in St. Thomas.

I had the thought that perhaps we would go along with HIM, in his line for US residents. Just curious....anxious....but most of all excited!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hello

I have a green card (Brit citizen) and travelled with my fiance - lover - best pal....:-) who is a US citizen, we had to check in together at the non US citizens line, (which was much shorter than the US citizen line).. I just had my green card with me on check which they take away and you get it back at 6 am :-( on the last day. So for Nassau and Freeport there were no more immigration checks as it was all done ebforehand when you completed the forms prior to boarding. I am sure they do the same for other ports.. but not sure...

Cheers

John:bounce: :bounce:

I just wanted to second that - My husband also is a Brit with a green card - They took away his green card (which he was not too happy about - he is scared of it being lost) and had to wake up at 6AM on the last day (which he also was not too happy about - he LOVES his sleep!)

We just looked at which line was shorter and went to that line to check in.

My DH is also a Brit. If it makes you feel better, have a photo copy made of his green card for you to keep with you. They reassured us that they take extreme care with these items... as I hope they would :)

We checked in together, and I believe it was at one of the normal lines, though I don't remember specifically.

Good luck!
Julie

Thank you for all the information. I'm actually glad they will take his green card while we're on the ship since I'm always a bit nervous it will get misplaced.
I'm also glad to hear that only HE has to wake up at the crack of dawn when we're in St. Thomas. Although I would love to accompany him, I might just have to pass on the experience.
As for passports, we all have them, and I prefer travelling with them over birth certiicates. Somehow they are also much easier to handle than the flimsy paper they use for birth certificates.
Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter