Great to be back at Bonnet Creek - Live Trip Report with photos!

Sounds like a great place!
I am guilty of being one of those who pay for 2bed villas at SSR and rooms at Akl and poly!

We did poly last November for 15 nights before any refurb and construction started, although we enjoyed our time there and the monorail, I wouldn't do it again!
I'd always wanted to go since I was a little girl passing it on the monorail,
The grounds was beautiful to walk round but I can do that anyways lol
The room was pretty but nothing special.
SSR however we love but I enjoy the space and pools....

We really enjoy being on site, so BC appeals and although I like the option on emh we don't use them often, never morning ones anyways haha.

I would miss the DDP though :( and that the only thing that puts me off, but Disney is out pricing us slowly or it's seeming harder to justify, so something has to give and it's seeming like the DDP!!
Can't wait to see pics x

Sounds like a great place! I am guilty of being one of those who pay for 2bed villas at SSR and rooms at Akl and poly! We did poly last November for 15 nights before any refurb and construction started, although we enjoyed our time there and the monorail, I wouldn't do it again! I'd always wanted to go since I was a little girl passing it on the monorail, The grounds was beautiful to walk round but I can do that anyways lol The room was pretty but nothing special. SSR however we love but I enjoy the space and pools.... We really enjoy being on site, so BC appeals and although I like the option on emh we don't use them often, never morning ones anyways haha. I would miss the DDP though :( and that the only thing that puts me off, but Disney is out pricing us slowly or it's seeming harder to justify, so something has to give and it's seeming like the DDP!! Can't wait to see pics x

We stayed at SSR three times on DDP and did love it but out grew the one bed and 2 bed just way too expensive. However, I can honestly say I would choose WBC over SSR. The amount you save on accommodations you can basically eat what you like at any Disney restaurant.

So last night we ended up at Blizzard Beach for about 90 minutes and went on nearly every slide multiple times. The only one we didn't do were the two scary ones but my son wants to go back and do those, probably tomorrow. It was a lot more crowded that Typhoon Lagoon the night before but still no queuing really. We left at close then went for my sons birthday meal at Longhorns. There were so many people waiting that my heart sunk a bit but we were seated in less than 10 minutes and as always the food was great. Then home as we were up early this morning for Magic Kingdom.. The monorail wasn't working so we had to get on a bus at the transportation centre and even though we were at the gates at 8.35 it was full inside so we didn't get through the turnstiles till after welcome show. Luckily we were heading in the opposite direction to most people and went straight to splash and thunder. Rode both twice with zero queue then onto pirates. So 5 rides by 10am so pretty good. I managed to change our splash FP to buzz light year and went straight there. I was surprised that people were actually using their FP for thunder and splash when there were. Zero people in line, I didn't see the point, seemed like a waste because boy did it get busier later. Still managed a lot of rides with no wait, infact the only thing we waited for was philamagic but just relieved to be in air conditioning, it was so hot. We had lunch at Crystal Palace and where I use to love it, the food has definitely gone down hill like most Disney restaurants while the price has gone up. It's a shame really but again was nice to get out of the heat. Although it cost us $90 plus tip, so expensive air conditioning!!
We had to wait till 3.50 for seven dwarfs so we watched the parade which I think is different from last year. People were actually screaming when Anna and Elsa went by, seriously. Anyway I found a good spot to watch in the shade by chance, the shooting gallery. My son wanted to go on it and we realised you could sit on the step in the shade with a completely clear view, only a couple of other people there.
The queue for seven dwarfs had been 70 minutes all day but with our FP we were on within 2 minutes. I really liked the ride but pretty short. No way would I queue more than 20 minutes. I am surprised they didn't make it longer considering Universal built the whole of Diagon Alley in less time. Anyway it was still fun.
Then back to Bonnet Creek to swim and they were playing Bingo at the pool which was fun, unfortunately we didn't win.
Off to the pool party now, lots of games and prizes. Then I think I'll sleep for 12 hours, it's been an exhausting day.
Taking it easy tomorrow and just hanging out at the pool as our favourite singer is there from 11 till 3. He also does a music quiz which we are hopeless at but won't give up trying to win. In the evening we are going to Universal just for a quick look round. Staying at Royal Pacific for one night this time next week.

We used FP+ a couple of times with zero line. Once the standby line said 15 mins, you can't see until you get in and its too late.
Other time we wanted to use it to try get a 4th, unfortunately didn't work out but I can se a few reasons FP+ get used with zero line.

Not figured out how to do pics? I will do some next month if you don't manage it.

My brother has time share at Bonnett Creek, the more I read about it the more I want him to sell it to me ! Sounds like a great resort with a fantastic location.

We used FP+ a couple of times with zero line. Once the standby line said 15 mins, you can't see until you get in and its too late. Other time we wanted to use it to try get a 4th, unfortunately didn't work out but I can se a few reasons FP+ get used with zero line. Not figured out how to do pics? I will do some next month if you don't manage it.

So I have created photo bucket account. Saved 3 photos, now confused!!

So I have created photo bucket account. Saved 3 photos, now confused!!

Never used the App, I use the regular website.
Once I have uploaded a pic I can hover over it and it shows me a tools cog in the top right with options, I then go to "Get Links" I then copy the bottom one titled "IMG Code (for Forums, Boards)"
Then post this link in my thread on here.

imagejpg2.jpg
[/URL]

I think I might have cracked it! But now only have 4% charge on ipad! So will take more later. These pics are main bedroom and part of living area.

This is the pool right outside our building. It's great for lengths in the morning as never anyone there as you can see. This was taken after 9. It also has 2 jacuzzis and thes a lazy river at the back by the bar. The bar is a nice place to hang out and has entertainment most days. Also my sons favourite place for a chicken burger..

I love me a live trip report :)

Pics of the hotel are lovely, look forward to seeing more

I think I might have cracked it! But now only have 4% charge on ipad! So will take more later. These pics are main bedroom and part of living area.

Hi,
this photo of the breakfast bar,the computer was on the wall beside it xx

Hi all, just wanted to add that back in 2010 we stayed at BC using Ken Price and it couldn't have been easier, can wholeheartedly recommend him.

Photobucket have an app, not tried it though so don't know how easy it is.

The app is quite easy to upload photos.
I have the connector for SD cards and connect it straight to the iPad.

Mind you OKW wifi uploading was a much more difficult challenge.
Hopefully the wifi at BC is much better :)

Just back from a fantastic evening in Universal Studios. Walked straight on to the mummy and transformers, single rider but ended up sat right next to each other anyway. Then went to the new Harry Potter which is pretty impressive. The queue said 120 minutes, no way we were joining that so took a chance on single rider, no time posted. From entering line to exiting ride it was exactly 40 minutes. We couldn't believe it. So glad we queued now as don't have to worry about the mad rush at opening when staying on site next week. We had butter beer too which was even better than I remember. Didn't look round the shops as my son wanted to get on a few more rides before closing so will do that next week also. No queues for MIB, both Simpson rides either. Then we watched the film show and fireworks. Never got a chance to eat dinner as getting on HP kind of messed up our plans in a good way.

Took a while to get out of the park but we weren't in any rush. City Walk was packed.

We had spent a lovely morning/afternoon at the pool listening to the resident singer Jake who is excellent and been here for years I think. We took part in the music quiz which was great fun. Then off to disney quest which is not my favourite place but my son loves it.

So another great day.

Tomorrow relaxing again by the pool then lunch somewhere. MK in the evening as we have seven dwarfs FP again. It's all so exhausting.

My son and I have been watching the American version of the office every night on Netflix. It's hilarious so going to watch one episode then bed.

Your accommodation looks lovely. Great strategy with the new Gringotts ride. Was it any good? It's getting pretty mixed reviews from what I've been reading.

Your accommodation looks lovely. Great strategy with the new Gringotts ride. Was it any good? It's getting pretty mixed reviews from what I've been reading.

I thought it was very good. Only problem was I found it difficult to hear what the actors were saying. It's quite fast in places which I wasn't expecting. Would queue same amount of time once more I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter