Great to be back at Bonnet Creek - Live Trip Report with photos!

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
Checked in yesterday room was ready at 11.30 but we decided to wait for a room in tower 4 which I think is the best one. That was ready by 3 so in the meantime we went for lunch at Toojays which as always was excellent.
When we walked into our room I remembered why we keep coming back. It really is beautiful. It looks like it's just been completely refurbished. It's a 2 bed deluxe, probably bigger than my house! The grounds as always are spotless. My husband said " why do people spend £300 a night to stay in a Disney deluxe hotel".
Anyway last night at 6 we went to typhoon lagoon and can honestly say I have never seen it so empty, even in December when it's been 60 degrees. My son rode 11 slides before 7 pm and would have been more if we could run up the stairs as fast as him!! There was a lot of grey cloud but the rain held off and I was actually cold. After 5 days in boiling temperatures at St Petes it was glorious. There was literally not a single other person ahead if us in any of the lines. Would be great if it was like that at all the parks but I doubt that will happen
It's my sons 14th birthday today, he's still asleep but weave a busy day planned with his favourite things. Bowling, Hollywood studios, mini golf, blizzard Beach and Longhornes. Going to be exhausted.
Will try and keep this up to date.

Can I be nosy and ask some questions?

Do you get emh?

How much per night is bonnet creek?

Who did you book with?

:thumbsup2

Your posts about it always make it sound so tempting. I'm definitely going to consider it next time.

Can I be nosy and ask some questions? Do you get emh? How much per night is bonnet creek? Who did you book with? :thumbsup2

No emh but even when we stayed at Saratoga we never used it and spent more than 50 nights there in total.

I paid $140 a night as high season but have paid $100 in December.

Always book with Ken and Denise Price at wwww.vacationupgrades.com. They are fantastic. This is our 6th time booking with them. Will never go anywhere else. Just feel so lucky we stumbled across this place. It might not be everyone's cup of tea as high rise buildings. We have never stayed higher than 5th floor although if you like staying high you can easily get a high floor.

Anyway I can't recommend highly enough. Never understood why it's never caught on with the English. Only other English accents I have heard here have been when my friends and family have come and stayed too. They also love it and can't wait to come back.

Checked in yesterday room was ready at 11.30 but we decided to wait for a room in tower 4 which I think is the best one. That was ready by 3 so in the meantime we went for lunch at Toojays which as always was excellent.
When we walked into our room I remembered why we keep coming back. It really is beautiful. It looks like it's just been completely refurbished. It's a 2 bed deluxe, probably bigger than my house! The grounds as always are spotless. My husband said " why do people spend £300 a night to stay in a Disney deluxe hotel".

Hi :wave2:
Sounds like you are having a great time! We leave 2 weeks today, but won't be at Bonnet Creek untill the 7th. Have a couple of questions if you don't mind, please!:goodvibes
I think my SIL stayed in tower 6 a couple of years ago and she had a computer on the wall! Do they have them in tower 4 and whereabouts on the resort is it? I think tower 6 was by the pool with the pirate ship? Trying to decide where we would prefer to stay!
Jules x
PS happy birthday to your son:) Sounds like you have plenty of pixiedust: planned for today! xx

Checked in yesterday room was ready at 11.30 but we decided to wait for a room in tower 4 which I think is the best one. That was ready by 3 so in the meantime we went for lunch at Toojays which as always was excellent. When we walked into our room I remembered why we keep coming back. It really is beautiful. It looks like it's just been completely refurbished. It's a 2 bed deluxe, probably bigger than my house! The grounds as always are spotless. My husband said " why do people spend £300 a night to stay in a Disney deluxe hotel". Anyway last night at 6 we went to typhoon lagoon and can honestly say I have never seen it so empty, even in December when it's been 60 degrees. My son rode 11 slides before 7 pm and would have been more if we could run up the stairs as fast as him!! There was a lot of grey cloud but the rain held off and I was actually cold. After 5 days in boiling temperatures at St Petes it was glorious. There was literally not a single other person ahead if us in any of the lines. Would be great if it was like that at all the parks but I doubt that will happen It's my sons 14th birthday today, he's still asleep but weave a busy day planned with his favourite things. Bowling, Hollywood studios, mini golf, blizzard Beach and Longhornes. Going to be exhausted. Will try and keep this up to date.

Whats bonnett creek a night? Taking off tickets and dining the prices im getting quoted for a deluxe arent even half of £300. just curious as may look at it. Whats the location and transport like? Any hidden extras like parking?

No emh but even when we stayed at Saratoga we never used it and spent more than 50 nights there in total.

I paid $140 a night as high season but have paid $100 in December.

Always book with Ken and Denise Price at wwww.vacationupgrades.com. They are fantastic. This is our 6th time booking with them. Will never go anywhere else. Just feel so lucky we stumbled across this place. It might not be everyone's cup of tea as high rise buildings. We have never stayed higher than 5th floor although if you like staying high you can easily get a high floor.

Anyway I can't recommend highly enough. Never understood why it's never caught on with the English. Only other English accents I have heard here have been when my friends and family have come and stayed too. They also love it and can't wait to come back.

Sounds fab!

I'm very sad and like washing on holiday-do you have washer and dryer?:rotfl:

Can I be nosy and ask some questions?

Do you get emh?

How much per night is bonnet creek?

Who did you book with?

:thumbsup2

EMH is not a bonus to us, even when we stay onsite we avoid them.

We are staying at BC next month in a 2 bed Deluxe, I found cheapest place was Bookings.com with cashback thru Quidco, cost me £70/nt. but where other sites fluctuate in price Vacationupgrades tend to be consistent with their prices.

Whats bonnett creek a night? Taking off tickets and dining the prices im getting quoted for a deluxe arent even half of £300. just curious as may look at it. Whats the location and transport like? Any hidden extras like parking?

We paid $140 for first 15 nights and $120 for the last3 nights as I added those on with less than 6 weeks to go. I got a rate of 1.70 when I paid the bill so pretty good. The first time we came I paid $120 and my husband thought I had paid £120 a night and just couldn't believe it when I said it was dollars not pounds. He thought it was a bargain at £120.

No resort fee. No parking fee. There is a fee for the shuttle but we always have a car. So for us no hidden extras. I have never paid anything else directly to hotel except for food and drink. Loads of activities included.

When I said £300 a night, I know people at work who have paid that for a room only at the poly and grand Floridian. I know they are lovely hotels but I just don't get it.

I priced up Saratoga this year for a 2 bed and it was nearly £7000. Did include free dining but I think we would have had to eat about £4000 of food to break even.

Hi :wave2: Sounds like you are having a great time! We leave 2 weeks today, but won't be at Bonnet Creek untill the 7th. Have a couple of questions if you don't mind, please!:goodvibes I think my SIL stayed in tower 6 a couple of years ago and she had a computer on the wall! Do they have them in tower 4 and whereabouts on the resort is it? I think tower 6 was by the pool with the pirate ship? Trying to decide where we would prefer to stay! Jules x PS happy birthday to your son:) Sounds like you have plenty of pixiedust: planned for today! xx

We stayed in tower 6 last year. What do you mean a computer on the wall. Do you mean in your room? We didn't have one but there is a computer room downstairs in tower 6 with 4 computers. Never a problem getting one. There are pools at most of the towers. 6 has one with a slide and 5 has lazy river and pirate ship. The main pool is my favourite followed by the pool at tower 4 which is great for early morning swim. Tower 4 easiest for parking as we park at main building, always spaces.

Please take photos and post them when you can. Can't wait to book BC for next year.

When I said £300 a night, I know people at work who have paid that for a room only at the poly and grand Floridian. I know they are lovely hotels but I just don't get it.

I priced up Saratoga this year for a 2 bed and it was nearly £7000. Did include free dining but I think we would have had to eat about £4000 of food to break even.

I don't get those kind of prices for a hotel room at all. The room we just stayed in last month at the Hilton Garden Inn was as good as any Deluxe room for £40/nt. I guess if you want to be on the monorail route you have to pay for it but I prefer being just out of Disney, the location of GF or Poly do nothing for me.
Next month at BC its costing £490 for 7 nights, when I booked a 2 bed at OKW would have been £2,961 with no food or tix included.

Now can't decide if I should request a location at BC or just take what they give. Can't see us having much pool time in 7 days, plus after 14 nights on the cruise I think we will be on the go rather than sitting around.

I don't get those kind of prices for a hotel room at all. The room we just stayed in last month at the Hilton Garden Inn was as good as any Deluxe room for £40/nt. I guess if you want to be on the monorail route you have to pay for it but I prefer being just out of Disney, the location of GF or Poly do nothing for me.
Next month at BC its costing £490 for 7 nights, when I booked a 2 bed at OKW would have been £2,961 with no food or tix included.

Now can't decide if I should request a location at BC or just take what they give. Can't see us having much pool time in 7 days, plus after 14 nights on the cruise I think we will be on the go rather than sitting around.

You can't request a room in advance anymore but only at check in and they will do their best to accommodate you. I have never had a problem.

Please take photos and post them when you can. Can't wait to book BC for next year.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to post a photo on here!!! But feel free to enlighten me as I have lots of Bonnet Creek. I have an I pad if that makes it easier.

So today do far we have been swimming, then to the Lego shop ( again). Then bowling. It was $12 each for 1 hour and 15 minutes so we managed 3 games. Then lunch at the fish and chip place next to raglan road. Then went to Hollywood Studios to use our 3 FP+ which worked very well. It was very crowded but we didn't get there till 2 so to be expected. Didn't see any if the Frozen stuff as I promised my son he didn't have to do that on his birthday!!! Then back to hotel to build Lego sets ( ghostbusters car). Then going to Blizzard Beach at 6 then Longhornes for dinner. I need a nap now. Magic Kingdom tomorrow so up early.

So today do far we have been swimming, then to the Lego shop ( again). Then bowling. It was $12 each for 1 hour and 15 minutes so we managed 3 games. Then lunch at the fish and chip place next to raglan road. Then went to Hollywood Studios to use our 3 FP+ which worked very well. It was very crowded but we didn't get there till 2 so to be expected. Didn't see any if the Frozen stuff as I promised my son he didn't have to do that on his birthday!!! Then back to hotel to build Lego sets ( ghostbusters car). Then going to Blizzard Beach at 6 then Longhornes for dinner. I need a nap now. Magic Kingdom tomorrow so up early.

Sounds like a great day.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to post a photo on here!!! But feel free to enlighten me as I have lots of Bonnet Creek. I have an I pad if that makes it easier.

You first have to upload the photos to a site such as photobucket which then provides a code you post in the thread. Otherwise I can PM you my e-mail if that's easier. Thank you!

You can't request a room in advance anymore but only at check in and they will do their best to accommodate you. I have never had a problem.

I meant at check in, not bothered enough to try in advance. I will probably just accept what is available at check in. We are not fussy with anything really.

Photobucket have an app, not tried it though so don't know how easy it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter