Great Movie Ride

GrimGhost

Mouseketeer
Intercot is reporting it will be down until June 29,2003. I thought it I read here it would be back up in April..Anyone in the know??

When I was on my internship I heard several GMR CMs worrying that the ride would be shut down for good in the near future. They felt that when the giant hat was built in front of it, and with the word that it wouldl be there indefinitely, that was not a good sign for the former icon of the park. Just a rumor, but maybe it could give the closure some context...

I just found an answer to my own question..The official site is listing the end of rehab date as June 29,2003..I am really sorry I am going to miss this on my May trip!!

Bummer this is one of my favorite rides. You know now that I think of it when we were there in December they were only loading and running one set of ride vehicles not both sets. They only were doing the gangster scene. Maybe this was a sign.:(

I rode GMR with 3 friends in February, the weekend that the first Orange Alert came out. We all commented that it was in bad taste to show the clip from Independence Day (I think) of the White House being blown up. It will be interesting to see if that scene is gone after the rehab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter