Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the characters look quite ugly compared to any other version of them. I'm disappointed with the art direction, but I'll try not to let it detract from my enjoyment of the ride itself. From everything I've heard, it sounds like it has real potential to become something great.
That’s my exact viewpoint of the ride and the shorts. The merchandise they made with the new shorts this year corresponding with the 90th and mickeys design evolution actually looks pretty nice but I still prefer my normal Mickey

We all love the new Mickey cartoons! It's one of the things my kids look forward to the most about visiting wdw (watching them on the tv in the room). Guess everyone has different standards and tastes. :confused3

We love new Mickey cartoons too. If we are in the room while at Disney 99% of the time this is the channel we have on. When we are home and really missing Disney we will watch them on the Disney Now app.

I replied to a very similar comment on this thread months ago. There have always been spooky/scary Mickey shorts. I’m not a fan of the rejuvenated old style that is out now, but Goofy has been a zombie before, Mickey has been a ghost hunter, and some of the early shorts were downright scary or semi-violent.

Not much different than Tom and Jerry, Road Runner or Looney Tunes IMO for aggression.
Here’s one example from 1937 called Lonesome Ghosts

Just yesterday my 3 year old son said.. Daddy I DONT WANT TO WATCH THAT UGLY MICKEY.... i was like wow
Tell your son some random guy on the internet is proud of him. I mean I don’t feel that strongly about the new design but that made me laugh too hard not to share my gratitude

Just yesterday my 3 year old son said.. Daddy I DONT WANT TO WATCH THAT UGLY MICKEY.... i was like wow

That Mickey is not ugly! It's cute and cool, just like the Mickey of the early days before he became bland. You and your son should watch them anyway. Coddling children is not good.

Tell your son some random guy on the internet is proud of him. I mean I don’t feel that strongly about the new design but that made me laugh too hard not to share my gratitude

It's wrong to say crazy things like that, you know! People like you, them and others need to warm up to those amazing new shorts right now! :mad:

Last edited:
It's wrong to say crazy things like that, you know! People like you, them and others need to warm up to those amazing new shorts right now! :mad:
I’ve tried they’re just not my cup of tea. I’m sorry if I ended up upsetting you. I actually don’t hate the new design as much as I let seen, that post I replied to made me laugh too hard not to reply. Also welcome to the forums!

The vehicles look cute but it's a physical train? If so I must have misunderstood the type of ride it will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter