Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and part of why they are referring to it as 2.5D and not full 3D

Not sure of the details but it will involve layers of screens to give depth to the images seen (hopefully in combination with physical sets)
I saw this on another board... is it this sort of thing at all??

That is showcasing projection technology on moving objects.
Is it similar in any way to screens to be used in any of the upcoming attractions -- moving or not? Just the "3D" effects are quite impressive, I think, even if stationary.

We aren’t really sure exactly how the tech in Mickeys will work quite yet. Rat is just giant 3D screens and some props.
Gotcha'. I wasn't sure if I had just missed something. I tend not to pay TOO MUCH attention to such stuff, so that I am really surprised when something new debuts. :)

That is a good comp for ride style - though my understanding is Rat >>>> Penguin

Nah. Penguin actually has motion base trackless vehicles. Rat is static ride vehicle and quite terrible. Screens on penguin have theming around them to hide the edge of the screen, Rat doesn't.

Rat is a really disappointing ride, all in all

Just Disney going after the kiddies. The young kids are there bread and butter. So a more adult ride is now turned itto a kiddie ride. I am not saying that TGMR was totally out dated. Haven seen a western movie in years. Most people under 50;would not know any of the people in the TGMR. Guest we get starwars and lose an adult ride

Just Disney going after the kiddies. The young kids are there bread and butter. So a more adult ride is now turned itto a kiddie ride. I am not saying that TGMR was totally out dated. Haven seen a western movie in years. Most people under 50;would not know any of the people in the TGMR. Guest we get starwars and lose an adult ride
But Mickey and Minnie are classic Disney? What about them makes the ride particularly "kiddie", especially since we haven't seen it yet?

upload_2018-10-22_20-19-5.jpeg
Because their source material here is aimed just for kids, like the kid friendly screenshot here from the 1942 short “symphony hour” :p

I feel like they need another "kiddie" ride, meaning something that younger guys can do at the Studios. My grandson can currently ride two rides-Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers. I know they have the shows, but one more ride with shorter or no height restrictions will help. Three and four year olds less than 38 inches tall feel left out at this park.

I read a rumor that it could be opening on May 1st but no official date has been announced. We will be arriving May 11th so I'm hoping that its true!

I feel like they need another "kiddie" ride, meaning something that younger guys can do at the Studios. My grandson can currently ride two rides-Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers. I know they have the shows, but one more ride with shorter or no height restrictions will help. Three and four year olds less than 38 inches tall feel left out at this park.
I agree. Last year (April 2018) at HS I could take my kids on 1 ride (TSMM) and a few shows. It kind of felt like a waste of day. This year we are going in Summer 2019. It will be like a whole new park for us. All the toy story land rides, this one, revamped disney junior show, plus all the old favourites. My son loves Mickey so I'm hoping to get FP+ multiple times during our trip for this ride already =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter