Great food/ reasonable prices recommendations

gandbsmom

Mouseketeer
I will be booking my ADRs soon and am looking for some advice. We have eaten lots of places over the years including signature dining at Disney. We haven't been to places that are brand new. We love all kinds of food. We were last at Disney two years ago. We are looking for some interesting and delicious food that is not crazy overpriced. I am willing to do prix fixe if it is truly worth it. I don't know how restaurants and menus have changed. For those of you who have been recently, what would you recommend? We are all adults and do NOT need or especially want character experiences. Any input would be appreciated!

All menus have changed (reduced in side) and many cases variety. Good idea to review the menus online as you may rule places out after that. The new Steakhouse 71 at CR is getting some great reviews.

I can't personally vouch for them, but some of the better priced restaurants are at resorts that are a little more out of the way or hard to get to. I've heard great things about Olivia's at Old Key West, Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness, and a couple of the restaurants at Coronado Springs.

It's tough, because 'overpriced' could be different things to different people. One of the first that came to mind, though, was already mentioned - Olivia's. Nice menu, good food, and not signature prices. Some of the Disney Springs restaurants are good and less crazy with prices than others, so perhaps take a look there. Many of the resorts have a high-priced signature restaurant, and then a 'level below' type restaurant (I really hesitate to call them that!). For example, at AK Lodge they have signature Jiko, but we love the option of Sanaa. Steakhouse 71 has also been mentioned, and I would also second that recommendation. Perhaps a Kona at Poly. Yak & Yeti at AK.... Too many to name off the top of my head - but you will have options, I believe, that will meet your needs and not break the bank.

We ate at Toppolino's at the Riviera 2 weeks ago. Amazing food, excellent service and great ambience. Check out the menu to see if the pricing is something you are comfortable with but I can't recommend it enough

Reasonably priced doesn't really exist at Disney. But maybe try the AYCTE places like Whispering Canyon, Boma, Garden Grill etc.

Even though character experiences might not be your thing the breakfast at Topilinos was wonderful! Via Napoli was great as well.

Here are restaurants that I've always felt were a good value for the quality of the food, the price paid and location:

Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House ( And Jiko when it opens back up )
Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot
Columbia Harbour House in Magic Kingdom
Boathouse in Disney Springs
Teppan Edo in Epcot
Beaches 'N Cream Epcot Resort Area

We love the bread service at Sanaa, the Polite Pig at Disney Springs, and Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge.

Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club, Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk, Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Villas-Kadani, and Steakhouse 71 all hit the price point below the Signature restaurants and have decent food offerings.

In April my husband and I shared the prix fixe 3-course menu at Chefs de France, and thought it was one of the best parts of our 7 day trip. Cheese board appetizer was wonderful.
Homecomin' in Disney Springs was our other fav for that trip.
Neither of us are big eaters and found that sharing items kept our sit down meals reasonably priced for two; and we got to taste a variety of good food.

Some of our favs...we LOVE the new Le Creperie de Paris in France in EPCOT! Many ala carte items but if you want for $33 you get a soup or salad, savory crepe, desert crepe and a cider or soda. My DH and I actually split that and we were satisifed (however it was during F&W so we had been snacking). All was very very good and we did not have any problem walking up and getting a table last Friday evening. Bar Riva in Riviera is also good, nicoise salad, the wings etc.. Kona Cafe at Poly for breakfast, Tonga Toast and the coffee is sooo good!

For the most part DS will offer the better prices for better food. As far as value: that is personal. Some find value in a burger at a resort that has a topping they like others a steak at Shula's. Look at the menus. On a side note Disney has made an effort to improve CS offerings this year and the pricing is better than what it was however TS have gone up for the most part while mostly the offerings have stayed the same with less selections. A 20 meal that you do not enjoy has far less value then a 100 meal you enjoy.

Olivia's
Whispering Canyon
Columbia House

are among our favorites and the price is not overly stupid

I second Via Napoli. A large pizza could feed 3 adults.
When we were up there this past week, restaurants participated in Orlando magical dining. Bluezoo participated and you could get a 3 course pixe fixe meal for $37 a person. You had to mention it to get the special menu and not all their dishes from the regular menu are on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!