GREAT DEAL-Kids glasses at Walmart only $38 til August 1st!!!

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
Just wanted to post about the great deal at Walmart in their back-to-school sale. :goodvibes
Kids glasses are $9.00 for frames and $29 for lenses!
We went and they had 20 frames to choose from-10 plastic and 10 metal.
Lenses are polycarbonate, scratch resistant and UV protected!:thumbsup2
I couldn't believe I could get dd an extra pair for $38..I was so excited.
In the ad it said the sale is only til August 1st.

Thanks - my DD has really bad eyes already, and I want to get her a spare pair before school starts! I got the "two pairs for $99" at Visionworks, which ended up costing a lot more due to my severe prescription and her pretty bad one. I will go check it out!

I was really surprised at the great assortment of frames they had to choose from!

I took my DD to Walmart last week. Our "special" was for $49..However they only had about 5 pair or $19 frames. All the rest were Designer frames for $99 and up. I ended up finding a pair of discontinued frames she would wear and total ended up being right at $70. Also since we got the discontinued ones there is no warranty with them.
I will never get glasses from them again. I will order from Zenni instead.

We have vision insurance but they went to a 24 month exam and glasses instead of 12 months so I had to go that route. The exam was $65. UGH!!!

Beware - sometimes you get what you pay for!

DD 4 needs glasses and we no longer have vision insurance. Her old glasses broke and we heard Walmart had great prices so we decided to try these out instead of shelling out $250+ for new ones from the eye doctor.

Unfortunately, what should have been 30 minutes of trying on frames to see what will work has turned into 5 separate trips and over 4 hours of wasted time. The staff is not trained on how to fit small children into glasses.

They have been accomodating letting me return the glasses and ordering new ones but we are on the 3rd pair and these don't fit either. I spent 45 minutes today waiting for them to adjust a new pair. Before we were out of the parking lot they were falling down her nose and she was looking over the top of them. I didn't have time to go back, but we will be back over the weekend to try yet again.

I really don't see why there is such difficulty. We are ready to shell out the 200 or more just so our daughter can see and be happy. It has been such a nightmare. For adults that can fit themselves into glasses this is a good deal. For kids, I would run in the opposite direction from this deal.

At America's Best Contacts & Glasses, you can get an eye exam and 2 pair of glasses for under $70. For just a bit more, you can put insurance on your kid's glasses.

I took my DD to Walmart last week. Our "special" was for $49..However they only had about 5 pair or $19 frames. All the rest were Designer frames for $99 and up. I ended up finding a pair of discontinued frames she would wear and total ended up being right at $70. Also since we got the discontinued ones there is no warranty with them.
I will never get glasses from them again. I will order from Zenni instead.

We have vision insurance but they went to a 24 month exam and glasses instead of 12 months so I had to go that route. The exam was $65. UGH!!!
This sale was in the national walmart ad that was in last Sat.'s paper and was only good from last Sun til this Sat.;)
Also it does depend on what Walmart you go to as to what type of service you get.
And the Walmart ones come with free replacement guarantee for 1 year if they break.

This sale was in the national walmart ad that was in last Sat.'s paper and was only good from last Sun til this Sat.;)
Also it does depend on what Walmart you go to as to what type of service you get.
And the Walmart ones come with free replacement guarantee for 1 year if they break.

Evidently OUR Walmart had different prices because this is what they were promoting. And we did NOT get the 1 year warranty because we bought a pair from the discontinued fram section.

I bought my last pair of glasses at Wal-Mart and have been completely satisfied with them. I priced everywhere and they were the cheapest. One of my screws fell out and they replaced it without asking any questions.

I never buy glasses at the optometrist's office b/c they are so expensive compared to Sears, Wal-Mart, etc.

Here is the link to the ad for my zip code. When you go to the walmart.com site type in your zip to see the ad on page 5 is the eyeglasses sale price.
http://walmart.richfx.com.edgesuite..._02_2009,21,August 2nd - August 8th,8/2 - 8/8

We had a different ad than that. I looked at the ad starting on 8/2 and there is a very small picture(about 3" x3") of $9 youth glasses but that is all the ad has on it. All I know is that the day I went in there they had nothing cheaper than $19 and only about 5 pair of those. Everything else was a minimum or $99 for just the frame...youth and adult. I picked up the frames myself and saw what our limited choices were. Maybe they were holding them back for the ad to break on 8/2 but little kid frames will not fit my DD anyway. The sales associate told me that since I got discontinued frames there was NO guarantee AT ALL.

If you still do not believe me I would post our ad for this week and next week but I would prefer not to post my zip code just to prove my point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!