Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

I love the Land. I do miss the live boat driver though. It was nice to have them talk about the different plants that were actually there instead of the recorded spiel that might not be accurate.

The Joffrey donuts are so good. They're big, but not quite as big as the Simpons donut at Universal.

I will post a few pics once I get them sorted through and cropped :) Their BTM is on an island so you start out by going underground/water to get to it and then go around the island and then back underground to unload. It was also smoother than the one in WDW. We didn't realize it did this at first so our first ride photo was great. We also rode it about in the middle, 2nd to last car (blah) and the first row and the middle was the best. I don't like the back 2 cars on any ride because it whips you around too much, and as I'm sure you can relate to, when you sit with someone that isn't the same size as you the lap bar can be problematic. I have a harder time keeping my butt in the seat in the back two cars than in the middle. I don't understand why they continue to think lap bars are sufficient when they don't fit everyone. Their space mountain goes upside down, which was fun, but I liked the harness because I could get it down tight so I didn't have to worry about coming out of my seat.

I'd love to do a dismeet but I'll be there with a friend so I'm not sure how well it would work. We have the HEA dessert party Fri night and Tusker House breakfast Sat morning. I land around 8 or 9 Fri morning and need to go activate my AP and then head to the expo to pick up my bib and stuff for the half that sunday and then meet up with my friend. We're staying at Pop again.

Big Thunder sounds AWESOME!! I can't wait to see your photos once they're ready. I actually like that they have incorporated the same ride with some unique attributes at the different parks. Nice to be able to enjoy an old favorite with a new 'personality', so to speak.

On it! I'm thinking about going to Epcot next Fri, and the plan is to hit up the rides then

Oh, how I wish I was closer! I'd offer to join you :).

Glad you liked the margaritas!
Love the Land too. The behind the seeds tour is so fun as well. But I love my garden. I have several close up pics of a couple of those container gardens so hubs can reconstruct them for me. I actually think I have the pot sizes around here somewhere.

Up is a great movie, so is Inside out and Coco is a must. Yep you need a binge on Disney movies :rotfl: However all require tissues at some point, unless you want to blame someone is cutting onions, or as my hubs does "allergies"

Hmmmm, 'allergies' ..... I hadn't thought of that one!! :laughing: Genius!!

Great pictures Gina :thumbsup2 I love the Land too, I love that WDW is so diverse that there's a bit of something for everyone, not just rides (well rollercoasters)

Yes, me too ::yes::. It's the same thing I love about SeaWorld!

We were so nervous about Alberto moving in, but we had two sunny days and two cloudy days with some drizzle and a shower. So, the weather was fine!

Yay for Jake visiting!

We're hoping to go to Orlando for a weekend in July. Have to go to Ft. Lauderdale late June to help with older DS' move there.

I am SO glad you ended up with decent weather. Yay Mother Nature! :cheer2:

You are travelling so often these days, the Southwest gate staff must almost recognize you by name these days :p. How awesome to be spending so much time in the sunny south!!

Thank you so much! Yes I am very blessed with my DD. She is awesome! She is a straight A student who likes to do things with us. She is a good girl in every sense of the word:goodvibes

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ptr-pbh-cl-june-july-2018-yay.3679377/#post-59287516 .... Thanks for the idea of posting my link. I love all the feed back I can get:thumbsup2

Yes we are going to leave my family in Cape Coral on a Friday morning and drive to North Carolina and stop at Carowinds on Saturday for a few hours. This is another Cedar Fair park. Then we will drive to Virginia/DC stay over Saturday night and drive to CT on Sunday morning. I want to get back as early as possible. This is our first time leaving our fur babies for two weeks.:scared1: As you can imagine with the multi-cat household I have there is lots to clean. I wouldn't have it any other way.:D

Thanks again for being so nice and inviting for people to join. I love making new friends and sharing all life has to offer! I can't wait for the rest of your report!:cool1:

So glad you posted your PTR link :goodvibes. I will be sure to pop over and read along as well, once this crazy week and weekend wraps up. I'm sure you'll see a few familiar faces from this thread as well!

I can definitely appreciate your concerns about leaving your pets for the extended period.....it's a long time for them to be away from their momma. The good news? They always seem to make out just fine (us humans, not so much :rotfl2:, we get more stressed by the absence than they do!!). I am sure they will be grateful for the attention from whomever is dropping by to care for them while you are away. And, they have each other :cloud9:. That's a comfort all on its own!

img_3368-2-jpg.278859

I didn't get one with just DD and I with our shirts but have to this year!

img_3468-2-jpg.280261

As you can see DD's BF is a growing teen (in a good way!) I totally understand the size issue. He wears a 2X so it can be a little difficult at times to find what we like. We did manage last year with this style in one of the stores in the studios. I hope to find another set this year.:thumbsup2

Great photos! What a good-looking family! :goodvibes

Coco was such a good movie! Here is a link with pictures of explanations of the images used in the Mexico Pavilion. https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/coco-remember-me-exhibit-at-epcot-mexico-pavilion/

I don't remember them being there last Sept (but we rushed in and then out of the pavilion so I may have missed them), so I am not sure if they are there all the time, but it really helped explain the images in Coco. I have never liked marigolds in my garden, but now I have a new appreciation of them.

Loving the report so far! I really need to get planning my own Oct trip beyond the cruise part. Do you think that a rope drop to about 5pm at Sea World is worth it? We would be driving out to Port Canaveral from there and I don't want to be getting in there really late. Maybe we would have supper in the park and then head out. hmmm This all came up as DD's school schedule came out and we have just gained a day of vacation, so now I am trying to decide how to use it. DH would still like to drop the cruise, but DD is excited, and I kind of am too to try something different. There are just too many choices. :-) Especially after I read your trip reports of all the places I normally wouldn't even think of.

Thank you for that link :thumbsup2. I can't wait to read up on all the meanings and symbolisms!

You could get a lot done at SeaWorld if you arrive at park opening and stay until 5 ::yes::. Would this be your first time at that park? You wouldn't be able to see and do it all, but you could easily fit in 3 shows (Dolphin Days, One Ocean, and Clyde & Seamore), a few rides, and many exhibits.

I love the Land. I do miss the live boat driver though. It was nice to have them talk about the different plants that were actually there instead of the recorded spiel that might not be accurate.

The Joffrey donuts are so good. They're big, but not quite as big as the Simpons donut at Universal.

The Land used to have live boat drivers? I had no idea! How long ago were they replaced with the recorded audio loop?

You can bet your boots that a Joffrey's donut will be on the must-try list for next time ::yes::. For research purposes, of course :rotfl:.

I just found your latest update. And, while i do also love the Cucumber Margaritia, I actually had the avocado margarita. it's my favorite. The cucumber one is on the rocks and not a blended drink! ;)

Last edited:

Great updates! We will be in Epcot one week from Monday! I'm really looking forward to it. Might have to check out one of those margaritas:sunny:

I'm not sure when the live boat drivers got the ax. I think they were still there in 2004 for our honeymoon but I'm not positive. I know they were gone in 2009 when we took our first trip with Madeline.

Netflix just added CoCo June 1st. We watched it last night.
Yes it was cute! Yes I needed Kleenex! Yes my family laughed at me......

What? How could I miss this report! Joining in.

Great pictures and makes me want to do a Spring trip one of these days.

Just got back from taking our little one on a college visit. She wants to go away for college, so it will be odd not seeing her for months. Will be a sad mom, but happy she will be in a school she likes.

Will be at Universal at the end of August and beginning of October. You should better plan your October trip. We will miss each other by weeks.

Hey all, just popping in for a quick second before bed. Wanted to apologize for the lack of updates over the past several days. Jake has been in town (he arrived late Thursday night) so we've been soaking up every moment with him while he's here. That meant a break from the boards. He heads back home tomorrow morning (always a tough one :sad:.....I am terrible with good byes, especially when we don't have firm plans of when we will see each other next) so I should be able to resume posting within the next day or two.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Here's a few pics from ours :goodvibes.

34191051_10156787788761416_1520272801917829120_n.jpg

34305162_10156788416706416_5947390563668983808_n.jpg

34070307_10156788416521416_8726436632716115968_n.jpg

34415267_10156788416426416_8513361428260847616_n.jpg

Glad that you were able to enjoy some time with family!

Thank you :goodvibes. It was SO wonderful to have him here! It makes my momma heart feel whole.:goodvibes

Jake gets more like his dad every time you post a picture! Glad you all had a great weekend together :goodvibes

Ha! You noticed that too, huh? He is his father's double, that's for certain.....though he takes after me with many of his personality traits.

Wow, Jake looks like Steve's Mini-me! And glad to see that despite the move, you're still Jays fans! :cheer2:

You can take the man out of Ontario, but you can't take Ontario out of the man. We even have a Jays flag on the lamp post in our front yard! In our house we cheer for the Raptors, the Leafs, the Jays.....and the Michigan Wolverines :teeth:.

My brother in law did a video for us to mark our 25th wedding anniversary. It included 25+ years of photos of Steve and I, right from our dating days to current. It was shocking to look back on some of those old photos, and see how much Jake now resembles Steve back then (when they were about the same age). The apple definitely didn't fall from from the tree!

Hope you had a nice weekend with Jake!

Thanks Joanna :). It was a ton of fun, but went by way too fast. Lots of tears as we said "see ya later" before he hit the road this morning :sad1:.

I just found your latest update. And, while i do also love the Cucumber Margaritia, I actually had the avocado margarita. it's my favorite. The cucumber one is on the rocks and not a blended drink! ;)

Well, crap.....I goofed! :headache: Thank you for the correction :thumbsup2.

Avocado :scratchin .... no wonder it tasted so "green" :rotfl:.

Hope your weekend with Jake is great!! I get missing the boys when they're away!!

Here's a link to my TR I did from our Universal trip last weekend. It's my first TR! You were one of the ones that inspired me to try one!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/live-from-universal-sapphire-falls-5-24-5-27.3684597/

Thank you so much for the link!! I will try to pop over later tonight to give it a read! :thumbsup2

Great updates! We will be in Epcot one week from Monday! I'm really looking forward to it. Might have to check out one of those margaritas:sunny:

I can't wait to hear which one you choose! You'll have to drop in and give us a live report if you have a chance!

I'm not sure when the live boat drivers got the ax. I think they were still there in 2004 for our honeymoon but I'm not positive. I know they were gone in 2009 when we took our first trip with Madeline.

Well, that explains why we've never seen them then. How cool that you guys did Disney for your honeymoon!

Netflix just added CoCo June 1st. We watched it last night.
Yes it was cute! Yes I needed Kleenex! Yes my family laughed at me......

The girls didn't cry??

Thanks for the heads up about Netflix :thumbsup2. I know what we'll be watching on the first rainy Saturday night!

Yep my son has already watched it too. Great movie

I saw a preview for the Incredibles 2 on TV this morning, and it looks like a fun flick as well. I think Steve and I may have to see that one in the theater later this month ::yes::.

WHAT???? How is that even possible? It is on TV (Disney Channel) all the time. It is a cute movie.

Hehehehehe

I need more females and/or children in my life LOL. Let's just say Frozen wouldn't be Steve's first pick when movie night rolls around :laughing:. A little too much singing, not enough action ;).

For anyone interested I started a trip report for my DLP and Paris trip here - https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...nd-fun-in-disneyland-paris-and-paris.3686192/ With the tips and stuff I wanted to share it seemed easier to do it this way since I was already going to do hotel reviews over on the budget board.

It's my first trip report so I hope it's interesting and fun :)

Awesome! I will be reading for sure!

What? How could I miss this report! Joining in.

Great pictures and makes me want to do a Spring trip one of these days.

Just got back from taking our little one on a college visit. She wants to go away for college, so it will be odd not seeing her for months. Will be a sad mom, but happy she will be in a school she likes.

Will be at Universal at the end of August and beginning of October. You should better plan your October trip. We will miss each other by weeks.

Aw, so great to have you reading along again, Lynne! :goodvibes

I can't believe your DD is readying herself for college. How exciting for her (but understandably hard for you). How far away is she planning on venturing? Will the distance be drivable or REALLY far from home?

Too bad our fall dates didn't align yet again :( .... we are definitely later this year than in previous Octobers. We usually travel mid-month (around Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving) but flights were much less expensive for the later dates, so it made better financial sense to go with the end of the month this time around. I am hoping that maybe it might not be quite as hot and humid as earlier in October, too. We've had some pretty warm and muggy fall days!

Oh I hear ya on airfare rates. Had to change from my usual Sunday to a Monday, for much better rate, and coming in the evening in the summer, as much better rate. I will say, at least I feel half way good about my airfare. It's the rental car rates that are still giving me heartburn.

I have finally got a chance to sit down and catch up on your awesome report! I am glad to hear Frontier was a good experience. Never know when we may have to venture into trying a new airline. I completely get your air fare dilemma for October. Right now our airfare out of Thunder Bay early October is in the $800CDN per person range. If we fly out of Minneapolis, which is a 6 hr drive, flights are in the $330 US range. Even with exchange and other costs we save a bundle.
I love that you are still Blue Jay fans at heart even though you are living across the border. It has been somewhat painful watching our Jays lately but we will always love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter