Grand Yacht One

Marcus O'Sullivan

Earning My Ears
Hi All

first time on board so apologies if this is posted elsewhere.

I need some help, I am planning on proposing to my Girlfriend on the Grand Yacht One and i need a few questions answered if you would care to help as i am struggling to get through to a Disney number that answers my questions.

the date i am planning to do this is in October and i would preferably like to do this while Fireworks are on, i know that due to Halloween this may be limited, what days are more likely to have fireworks on?

Secondly I am really worried about missing out and not getting the boat. So i have done some trial runs on the phone to make sure i get through to the right number, i have been told lots of different things some have said this can be booked now and others 180 days which one is correct?

And lastly how popular is the boat and does it get snapped up straight away? if so i will need to have a backup lined up.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome!

The Grand 1 is pretty popular, so I would definitely call right at the 180-day mark to book. They used to have a number, 1-407-WDW-PLAY, that you would call to book recreation, but it seems like you just get routed to a general number now and then the operator has to route you to Recreation.

During Halloween, regular fireworks are shown on non-MNSSHP nights, and the special Halloween fireworks are shown on MNSSHP nights - so a party night would be your best bet for the most impact. Last year the MNSSHP schedule was announced in late March, so you should know which nights are party nights soon. I believe it's usually Sunday, Thursday and Friday nights.

As for a backup, you can always book a regular pontoon boat for the same show or one for IllumiNations. Another idea is to book a private meal with butler service at the Grand Floridian during the fireworks or a private dessert party at Epcot during IllumiNations (you could also do Sago Cay at the Grand Floridian Marina if it has to be Hallowishes). Those links I included will give you more info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter