grand gathering at the fort

landryfam

Mouseketeer
Hi, anyone have experience with grand gatherings at the fort? I am planning a trip for next December and intrested in gg.

Are there any discounts or other perks to having a gg?
What celebrations occur at the fort?

Thanks for sharing your experince ;)

I'd like to know this too... do you have to have a package? Or is just booking the campsite enough?

Kim

I know the answer to one question, there are no monetary benefits to a GG.

A Grand Gathering can be "room only" or a package, or any combination thereof. You can even have people in your Grand Gathering at a different resort.

They state that they try to get folks in a Grand Gathering as close together as possible, but even with all the GGs we have tried, they can't even seem to get us all in the same loop.

The only other advantage of grand gatherings is that you can book special dinners or experiences for your group. See Disney's Grand Gathering website for details.

A Grand Gathering can be "room only" or a package, or any combination thereof. You can even have people in your Grand Gathering at a different resort.

They state that they try to get folks in a Grand Gathering as close together as possible, but even with all the GGs we have tried, they can't even seem to get us all in the same loop.

The only other advantage of grand gatherings is that you can book special dinners or experiences for your group. See Disney's Grand Gathering website for details.

We're Grand Gatherings starting Sat. Nov. 22 (this week). I faxed our site request to FW Site Coordinator as I saw on this site, and they actually called me back a couple of hours later to tell me they will put all our cabins together in loop 2100 and our fifth wheel in 1100 so our "yards" are together. We're excited about that. They did say that our site of course is only a request and not a gurantee but they feel confident that we have a 4-way magical gatherings at the Fort it will be honored. We will see and are hopeful. We have others in our MG around at other Disney properties as well.

I'll report if this worked out or not, but we sure hope so. Happy Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter