Grand Floridian villas.

RobynPrincess

Looking around
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I don't like them :eek: our friends have bought and they took loads and loads of pictures of the show room, and I don't care for it one bit. I was so sure we would buy there as I love GF, but I really don't like the decor at all. I guess I've saved hubby a big bunch of money but I kinda feel a bit disappointed that I don't like them. Not disappointed in Disney, but in myself for not liking it.

I guess life would be dull if we all liked the same things eh?

We went through the same process with BLT.

Matter of fact, I think we partly bought our BWV resale because we heard some rumor about being able to get in quicker at BLT. :confused3

BLT came out and we were unimpressed with the furnishings, thought the studios were way too small, and hated the layout of the bathroom sink. The prices soon jumped to well over $100/pt.

We have no regrets that we did not buy BLT.

I do like what I've seen from VGF. Hmm...

That's why they are all themed differently cause one of them is sure to suit you. I don't care for the décor of BLT, there didn't seem to be enough comfy seating. But the Grand Villa at Grand Floridian is beautiful. I hope to stay in all the DVCs someday!

I love the look of VGF rooms...even though I'm not really a fan of the GF itself.
However, as someone else said.....I really dislike BLT. We stayed there five months after opening....early January, 2010 and I don't believe we'll ever stay there again. We didn't feel it had a welcoming feeling at all, but, it felt cold and sterile. Not to mention the fact the 2 bdrm lockoff we were assigned....while the view was beautiful.....it was on one of curves and considered a lake view, but, we also had MK views from the studio portion. I believe we were 8th floor. The room was also an HA room (both the studio and 1 bdrm portion) which we did not request/nor need, however, as they say...someone has to get a HA room sometime even if not needed.....so I did not request a change for that. The room itself was in extremely poor condition for being only five months in service. Huge stains all over the living room carpeting....looked like someone had tried to shampoo them unsuccessfully....the cabinetry had greasy fingerprint stains over everything and the stove and backsplash had a greasy film over them. I called housekeeping and they came up and supposedly did another cleaning.....which did clean the stove and backsplash and I watched as they cleaned the cabinetry, but, whatever was on there wouldn't budge...still had a greasy fingerprint like stain all over. The kitchen table had huge big scratches all over it.......almost as if someone had taken something and just kept scratching it as did the chest of drawers in the master. I still get very annoyed that some guest (either DVC, renter, or cash) would do so much damage to a room.....needless to say it wasn't a pleasant visit.... We felt the furnishings were extremely poor quality, very "plastic looking". I know some people have said their rooms have been perfect, but, we most likely will not stay there ever again.

I really like modern decor and BLT is among my favorite resorts. I was expecting to not like the VGF, but I do! :thumbsup2 However, I think the larger rooms are much more interesting than the studios and am thinking about springing for the 1 bed if we can get in there a night or 2 in Dec. :scratchin

OP, I felt the exact same way with BLT. I wanted to buy there, I wanted to love it, but I just didn't and it was because of the decor. We have a trip planned there this summer because we just want to try it out, but I don't know if I'm going to like it and that's simply because of the decor.

On the other hand, who knows. I may love it! I hated how AKV looked when I first saw pictures of the rooms. Then I saw the rooms in person, and then I stayed there. I was in love and we added on there!

So, you never know until you stay there!

For me, the GFV looks beautiful in the pictures and I'm sure I'll love it in person, but you never know! ;)

I really like modern decor and BLT is among my favorite resorts. I was expecting to not like the VGF, but I do! :thumbsup2 However, I think the larger rooms are much more interesting than the studios and am thinking about springing for the 1 bed if we can get in there a night or 2 in Dec. :scratchin

These are my sentiments exactly - I've always disliked the old fashioned decor of the hotel rooms at GF. So I was stunned when I saw the VGF room photos and fell in love with them.

I love the look of VGF rooms...even though I'm not really a fan of the GF itself.

When they first announced a DVC building at GF I wasn't at all interested because I really dislike the feel of the resort rooms at GF. I know some people love them, I just felt like they looked like my grandmother's house. But I love the resort itself and always visit the lobby and dine at the restaurants on each trip. But I was blown away by how DVC managed to create villas with the Victorian flair that GF is known for, but with a much more streamlined, modern touch. I fell in love with those villas. So I bought!

I am the opposite I thought I would hate them i am a BLT girl all the way but I've looked at the pictures and I love them. I love that they are less fussy than the main GF rooms. I am very tempted to buy enough points for 3 nights in a 1 bedroom every three years.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I don't like them :eek: our friends have bought and they took loads and loads of pictures of the show room, and I don't care for it one bit. I was so sure we would buy there as I love GF, but I really don't like the decor at all. I guess I've saved hubby a big bunch of money but I kinda feel a bit disappointed that I don't like them. Not disappointed in Disney, but in myself for not liking it.

I feel the same way, and I'm kind of upset with myself. Ever since I can remember GF has been my dream resort but has always been too expensive to justify. When I saw that they were building a DVC my heart lept! I have been down a few times since they started construction and the anticipation was killing me! When I saw the Alice in Wonderland splash area I think DH knew we were going to HAVE to buy there (Im obsessed with all things Alice). Maybe I expected too much, but when I saw the photos, I don't know, but I felt nothing. I do however want to go see the showroom just to make sure ;)

Not a fan of the Victorian Decor at all! It's just not my personality. I would much rather hold out for Poly add on points :)

That's one of the great things about the DVC, there is a resort for all tastes. We don't care for BLT, but VGF looks interesting. Maybe it's the GE Monogram refrigerator? :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter