Grand Floridian or Poly in 2014

sonofanarchy

DIS Veteran
I want to book today for next summer. My initial thought was, I'd like to book at GF. We stayed there before and loved it. We've also stayed at the Poly and love it there too. My concerns for both are the ongoing construction. Is there an estimated end date when the construction for the GF DVC will be complete? Also, any official word on when the construction will begin at the Polynesian?

Thanks!

I haven't heard anything about when the poly would start but I did hear the GF DVC was suppose to be finished by the fall of this year. So next summer you should be all set. But I can't comment on the poly. Sorry.

You might also want to consider the poly long houses will have finished their refurb of all the rooms by then too. No more bed spreads. The GF still has bedspreads ;)

just got home from the polynesian and can say that it would be my top choice for relaxing time. we are decideing to book between these 2 for our next trip as well but with my kids, i think poly is top. the construction was a bit of a hastle duirng our last trip, very noisy --- if it is not complete i would stay at poly

We are considering these two resorts for our October trip. Do they expect VGF to be open in October? How much busier will GF likely be at the pools, restaurants with the villas open?

We have never stayed at GF but stayed at Poly and really loved it. We have been trying to stay at a different resort to make our trips to Disney a little bit different each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter