Grand Floridian Marina Boat Rentals

DisneyFamily123

Use the Force, Luke!
Please tell me about your experience. What boat did you rent? Where did you go? Was it enjoyable? I was thinking of renting one for a couple hours and just riding around and having lunch on the boat.

We also liked riding the free water taxis that go from the resorts to Magic Kingdom. I thought about those at night around the time of MK fireworks.

I found out that the boats can only be rented during the day. And the Grand Floridian has the Sea Racers (2 people), Whaler (up to 6 people) and the Pontoon boats (up to 10 people). The Whaler looks like fun for DH, DW and DS5 and probably goes faster than the Pontoon boat.

We rented the pontoon boat about 4-5 years ago. I think we did only an hour or 2 at the most. It was enjoyable, but that was enough time for us.

Just an FYI.......Disney is VERY strict about boat rules and regulations. My husband let dd sit on his lap to "help" steer the boat. He was always in total control, but the WDW boat patrol came over promptly to tell us that was not allowed.

Once you are in your boat you can travel all over the Seven Seas Lagoon going between the Grand, Poly and the Magic Kingdom. You can then go through the canal near the Contemporary and explore Bay Lake traveling near the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

I have never rented the Whaler but have rented the Sea Racers and they are a lot of fun. The pontoon is slow moving but nice for a family to be together and munch on some snacks while taking in the sights.

Robert

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter