Grand Floridian in April 2013

MickeyTD

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me how significant the construction will be at this time? Enough to deter you from staying there? My wife really wants to stay there but I'm afraid all the construction and returns going on could potentially be a turnoff. Thanks in advance.

Some of the most recent photos I've seen have been here http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/dis...nd-floridian-resort-dvc-wing-construction.htm

I think it really depends on what type of vacation you are looking for & how much she has her heart set on staying there.

Are you park commandos that spend little time at your resort or do you like to spend days lounging by the pool? As for resort amenities, if any areas will be impacted (like the current Gasparilla's rehab) I wouldn't expect to know what the schedule is until about 30-60 days out (if that) so it's hard to plan, although I would think that much of the construction would be fairly well contained to the immediate DVC area by that time.

I think you need to decide how important certain things are to you & go from there.

I have heard that the construction surrounding the pool area will be done by the end of February. Your April trip should be construction free from that standpoint. We are going in early March and I am hoping we will be able to enjoy the newly renovated pool.

We are booked at the Poly in early April, but have been considering changing to the GF. I have never stayed there and have always really wanted to, and the price difference is not too significant for this trip. The only thing keeping me from changing is the construction uncertainty. We do spend most of our time at the parks but try to do a little pool time at least once each trip. Best of luck in your decision...it's tough to choose when so much could possibly be going on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter