Grand Floridian Cafe vs. The Wave BATTLE ROYAL

The Wave wasn't a terrible meal by any stretch but it wasn't all that impressive either. It was just... meh. The meal and service were just okay. Nothing exceptional. Can't compare it to Grand Floridian as I haven't eaten there yet.

We often have taken a break in the middle of a MK day to go on over to GF and enjoy lunch at the GF Cafe. It has always been quiet, pretty and an enjoyable lunch.

We have had an ADR for The Wave every single trip, and every single trip we have cancelled it for one reason or another and from what many of the comments here, it sounds like we made the right choice.
We ate at the GFC for the first time last Nov. We got there right at opening for lunch and as other have said we did run into some slow service, at least initially, like maybe they were just behind in getting things set up, even though there were only people at maybe 5 tables. Once things got going the speed seemed to improve. As to the food we both thought it was very good, and we have no qualms about eating there again.

We have done both.

The Wave: We have tried both Breakfast and dinner. While the food we thought was good the service was so SLOW!! We have gone three times and all three service was the same. It is easy to get here since we stay at BLT so we usually just book it to eat close. The staff was always very nice just the service was slow.

Grand Floridian Cafe:
We really loved the food it was so good. We have done breakfast and Lunch. The worst staff we encountered here though. The breakfast staff we thought were just ok but when we tried it for lunch they were just plain rude. We always hesitate booking this one because of the staffing now. I am sure it was just an off day that day for lunch and probably would not get the same experience again but left a bad taste and we have not been back even though it is easy to get to on the monorail from BLT.

We have not eaten at GFC but did eat at The Wave Aug 2011. I liked the food at the Wave, they try to purchase local and cook organic when possible. I remember our meal being quite tasty. But maybe it was that I wasn't expecting much having read reviews that we not so good before we went.

I do think GF would be more fun to walk around after/before dinner since you said you had a couple of hours to burn. We also enjoy going over to the Wilderness Lodge from MK, you can take the boat or bus. Such a fun resort to walk around.

I was just coming to start this exact thread, but since it already exists, it looks like the decision is clear and GFC is the place to go for our last TS credit since Kona Cafe is already on our list.

Thanks all for the input!!!

Unimpressed with GFC. had a great meal at the Wave, although ambiance is lacking. Like PP I suggest Kona! It was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter