Grand Floridian Cabana vs Poolside Patio

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
Anyone know what the poolside patio looks like or includes? I am trying to decide which to reserve, we are familiar with the cabana but not the poolside patio. It is a lot less expensive, so I'm assuming it does not have a lot of the amenities that the cabana has, but I was wondering what it does have and what they and the area they are in look like. I reserved one for the courtyard pool, but I am assuming they would look the same at both pools (the Cm said they were available for both pools). The CM I spoke with wasn't familiar with them and said they are very new, and I googled for images and didn't find anything. I asked on the GF thread but only got one reply and no photos, so I thought I would at least try a separate thread. Thanks!

Anyone know what the poolside patio looks like or includes? I am trying to decide which to reserve, we are familiar with the cabana but not the poolside patio. It is a lot less expensive, so I'm assuming it does not have a lot of the amenities that the cabana has, but I was wondering what it does have and what they and the area they are in look like. I reserved one for the courtyard pool, but I am assuming they would look the same at both pools (the Cm said they were available for both pools). The CM I spoke with wasn't familiar with them and said they are very new, and I googled for images and didn't find anything. I asked on the GF thread but only got one reply and no photos, so I thought I would at least try a separate thread. Thanks!

I could be wrong but I believe the poolside patios at the main pool must be new as I don’t remember seeing those in the past. They used to have one at the kids splash pad but it was removed awhile back.

The ones at the Courtyard Pool are located below:

Courtyard Pool Covered Seating Area-Sept 2018.jpg

Unfortunately I don’t have any pics. I believe there are 2 in this area (might be wrong and it’s just 1, but I think it’s 2). They are just extra cushy lounge type seating/couches with an oversized umbrella. No enclosed sides, TVs, fridge, or any of the frills that comes with the real cabanas. They are not private.

The below is OLD and not current, but these were the same type of chairs/umbrella setup used for the Courtyard Pool patios when we were there in Sept 2018.
Splash Area Reserved Seating.JPG

I know that doesn’t really answer your question but maybe it helps.

Caveat in case any of the above is outdated.

Thanks, that is helpful. If that is actually what they look like I think I'm going to call back and see if the half day cabana is still available. That won't give enough guaranteed shade for the kids and not enough privacy or cover to warrant paying for it IMO. Maybe if it were the only choice, but if I can change I will.

If anyone else has pictures or reviews of the patios vs cabanas I would still appreciate it! I'm not opposed to changing again if I decide differently :-).

Thanks, that is helpful. If that is actually what they look like I think I'm going to call back and see if the half day cabana is still available. That won't give enough guaranteed shade for the kids and not enough privacy or cover to warrant paying for it IMO. Maybe if it were the only choice, but if I can change I will.

If anyone else has pictures or reviews of the patios vs cabanas I would still appreciate it! I'm not opposed to changing again if I decide differently :-).

I will note, the pic of the umbrella folded is deceiving - the umbrellas I saw were HUGE when up and they have a long extended arm to stretch over the seating area.

They don’t appeal to us too much at GF because we never tend to have much problem finding other chairs/shade around either pool, but I can see the value in having a home base for a half or full day.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with better info.

I will note, the pic of the umbrella folded is deceiving - the umbrellas I saw were HUGE when up and they have a long extended arm to stretch over the seating area.

They don’t appeal to us too much at GF because we never tend to have much problem finding other chairs/shade around either pool, but I can see the value in having a home base for a half or full day.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with better info.

@GADisneyDad14, I'm curious to know how you feel these compare to the poolside patios at the Poly. We have gotten them and were happy with them, and thought it worth it. I think I remember you have also reserved them. Do you feel that is better comparably? We also have one of those reserved during the Poly portion of our stay, and they are half the price of the GF ones for some reason, I am still not clear on the amenities that would differentiate the prices. It seems like for double the price you should get more, I know it's the GF but the Poly isn't exactly slumming it!

Hello! Just found this thread. Did you decide on the patio seating? Or the private cabana? Curious what you thought. Or if you had any pics. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter