Grand Floridian Buildings and Views

jemmouse

DIS Veteran
To all who have previously stayed, what building usually offers THEME PARK VIEW and what for LAGOON VIEW?

What in your opinion is Theme park view worth it? And does it also overlook the Lagoon?

And overall how is Garden view while we are at it?

Asides from Main building and concierge what is your favorite building to stay in???:wizard:

We stayed once at GF in theme park view. We were on the 3rd floor (highest available) in a building far from the main building down by the water near the boat launch to magic kingdom. We were very disappointed with the view. We saw the monorail and trees!!! At night that stupid boat always whistled its departure every 15 or 20 minutes up until 1:00 am (we were there over Christmas when the parks are open later).

Having said all this, we may have enjoyed the view had it been our first theme park view experience. However, we just came from doing 2 nights at BLT theme park view where we were on the 12th floor with a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom. There was absolutely no comparison!! GF was a real let down after that. In my opinion, if you want theme park view you have to stay at BLT or Contemporary. Actually this experience helped us decide to buy DVC at BLT because we knew we always wanted to stay there.:goodvibes

I do not know if GF has any other theme park views that are better than the one we had and I cannot speak for garden or lagoon view.

Post 12 on the first page of the GF FAQ thread has great photos of the views from each of the buildings.
There are also a friendly helpful bunch of GF lovers who post on the thread, just jump ahead to the last page to ask any questions, as the resort FAQ threads move along pretty fast. They helped me decide to ask for Sago Cay for my garden view room last Dec. and it was perfect, I loved the view of the monorail gliding by over a little finger of water and the proximity to the lobby & marina.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2932607

We stayed once at GF in theme park view. We were on the 3rd floor (highest available) in a building far from the main building

We just booked our next trip. We booked, and reserved, main building, theme park view room, 4th floor ( club level)
I've seen what I just posted in black and white on our reservations, emails ect.
I called and talked to a live person when booking. I made our requests very clear at that time, and have called to check on things a couple times since and each time have been reassured!!

So, I'm confused? Perhaps since we are main building, there is a difference? From what I understand, main building is all club level only.

I've asked questions about the view ect before we booked. I got some great replies with awesome pictures from room balcony in theme park view room.
I cannot wait!!
You could look online for videos. I did that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter