Grand Floridian- activities at the resort

gocubsgo

Earning My Ears
We just booked our first ever stay at the Grand Floridian for this summer! I am very excited!! Any recommendations for fun family activities at the resort-- preferably that are free? Or just neat things to see, not miss at the resort!
Thanks much!

there is a LOT of shopping there to take in, be sure to explore all the stores.

be sure to take the boat to and/ or from the MK a few times, it is an awesome experience.

there is a movie every night, and i think there are video games involved, too. we did it a few years ago and at that time, they started the night with a campfire and dance party. you could roast marshmallows and make s'mores. you do have to pay for the marshmallows or s'mores kit (everything else in my post is free). then, the movie followed.

during the day they have lots of organized games by the pool for the kids, and the games have prizes.

they have a ping pong table by the pool that my ds loves.

in the evenings, they have a piano player in the lobby and a live band just off the lobby near the bar. they alternate playing. be sure to experience both.

there is some sort of mousekeeping parade that happens certain mornings, which i have seen pics of but never experienced. someone else will probably have that info.

catching a glimpse of cinderella's carriage when there is a wedding is a real treat.

enjoy your stay! it is a beautiful resort! we'll be there this summer, too! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!