Grand Flo and MNSSHP monorail question please

quantum3

Earning My Ears
So my wife and I will be staying at the Grand Floridian the same time we will be going to the Halloween party. We are older and both have ECV's. We know there isn't a walking path (yet) to the GF and we are apprehensive about the line to get back on to the resort monorails after the party closes. How crazy would it be to scoot on over to the contemporary and try to get on the Monorail from that location? Does Disney save any space for people trying to get on at other stops?

Thanks
David

So my wife and I will be staying at the Grand Floridian the same time we will be going to the Halloween party. We are older and both have ECV's. We know there isn't a walking path (yet) to the GF and we are apprehensive about the line to get back on to the resort monorails after the party closes. How crazy would it be to scoot on over to the contemporary and try to get on the Monorail from that location? Does Disney save any space for people trying to get on at other stops?

Thanks
David

FWIW, I don’t like to really complain about or even mention WDW travel problems. Stuff happens, crowds happen, etc. But I had a pretty bad experience leaving MNSSHP around midnight getting back to GF last year (late Sept Friday night party). It took over an hour via monorail... crazy long wait to board. I had left MNSSHP at similar times in the past without any material issue, this time just didn’t go my way.

I personally wouldn’t go over to CR. They don’t save space and you may find too-crowded-to-board monorails given your ECVs. Plus getting up to the CR monorail platform requires going through security and is sort of a pain with ECVs and that small elevator.

I would, however, keep an eye out to see if they are running one of the big boats on the MK-GF-Poly boat loop. They often put one in service when crowds are high. I know you can roll strollers on that boat - not sure about ECVs but I ‘think’ they can handle them on the bigger boat (someone please correct me if I’m mistaken).

While both the boat line and monorail line were epically long on my particular evening last year, I misjudged how long it would take... I would have been better to take the boat.

Another option with your ECV is to take the Ferry to the TTC and scoot from the TTC through Poly to GF. Would be an easy trek, assuming you have the battery life left. :-)

Hope that helps.

Thanks
David
Minnie vans have some forECV but not sure how many they hold,

I dont know when it happens but boarding at the contemporary closes down before the monorail stops running. The last time we tried this we barely made it.

Agreed Cont is not the way to go.

When I went with my DD to MNSSHP four years ago we too stayed at GF but had no problems with getting back to GF on monorail -of course we were one of the last people in the park.

Of course that was four years ago CMs may now push you out of MK but when we went they did not. in fact the only thing they were pushing on us was candy!

…Another option with your ECV is to take the Ferry to the TTC and scoot from the TTC through Poly to GF. Would be an easy trek, assuming you have the battery life left. :-)

Hope that helps.
This is the first thing that I thought of. You might even try to board the Resort Monorail after taking the ferry from MK at the TTC and then riding to GF.

Minnie vans have some forECV but not sure how many they hold,
When I was there in Nov they had 2 accessible Minnie Vans that held 2 ECVs & 2 that held 1. In order to get them you have to call ahead of time and they will ask which type you need. I would probably call 90 mins prior to exiting the party as I suspect they will be in demand, if they are available they will give a time to meet your Minnie Van.

TBH, I would consider grabbing a snack or beverage and just sitting around soaking up park atmosphere on/near Main St and trying to be amongst the last out the park and then hit the monorail from MK. Let the mobs pass.

Thanks
David
Going to the CR probably won't be helpful. Not many guests ride the monorail to the CR and then get off, so there may be no space for you to get on. Unfortunately there's no priority on the resort monorail for resort guests and lots of people going to the parking lot use the resort monorail and get off at the TTC, so a better strategy might be ferryboat to TTC, then resort monorail from there to GF as Deb and Bill suggested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter