Grand Cayman

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Happy99, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

Looking for suggestions for our Grand Cayman day. We will be there on 12/30 and want to go to a beach near a hotel where we can rent chairs and umbrellas. Any suggestions? We are all adults, children are all 21 and older. On this cruise we are a total of 7 people and would rather not do an excursion from Disney since we just plan on enjoying the beach.

Thank you

2. CamColt

CamColt Moderator Moderator

We took a cab from the pier to Royal Palms. It was quick ride, reasonably priced and a very nice beach. I would go again.

CathyMc likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. xQuizx

xQuizx Mouseketeer

Royal Palms is where went as well.

We initially didn't know where to go when we hopped on a bus in Grand Cayman. One person asked the driver and he suggested Royal Palms, so that is where we went.

It was $2 a person to get into the beach club. I think beach chairs were $15. There is also a pool, bathrooms, bar and food you can order as well. We are going to stop there again when we are back on the island.

The buses are just long vans, they don't look different then the taxis which are long vans as well. We got into a bus to go to Royal Palms, you tell them where you want to get dropped off. It was $2.50 a person for the bus and $4 for the taxi each way.

Cheers!

5. Angie_T

Angie_T Mouseketeer

I can't help much on Grand Cayman because our excursion got canceled the night before port. However, I did see quite a bit of beach right around the port and it seemed like cabs were not a problem to find outside port. I bet you could just grab one and have them take you to a beach. We just walked around the port and checked out the shops. There's a lot to see there.

6. cadien

cadien DIS Veteran

We also did Royal Palms. Splurged on a cabana. It was great.

7. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

Thanks