GRAND CAYMAN -Westin Casuarina Resort and Spa

sewallmom

Earning My Ears
We tried to book and excursion through the DCL Magic on Grand Cayman but it was booked solid. So I booked a room at the Westin Casuarina Resort and Spa for the day so that we could use the facilities as well as the beach chairs. Websites boast about the snorkeling in front of this resort. It only cost us $125 for the day(Family discount). I think that this was pretty good considering that if we had booked with DCL the price would of been about $70 more and not such great privileges.

My husband thinks that I am being silly booking a room for the day.

What are your opinions???? Lets hear them.

Sewallmom

We tried to book and excursion through the DCL Magic on Grand Cayman but it was booked solid. So I booked a room at the Westin Casuarina Resort and Spa for the day so that we could use the facilities as well as the beach chairs. Websites boast about the snorkeling in front of this resort. It only cost us $125 for the day(Family discount). I think that this was pretty good considering that if we had booked with DCL the price would of been about $70 more and not such great privileges.

My husband thinks that I am being silly booking a room for the day.

What are your opinions???? Lets hear them.

Sewallmom

tell me about the family discount??? that is a great rate...I would do that! how far is it from the port?

Hey! I am surprised that you got that rate. We stayed at that resort in 2001 and it was over $400 / night in May of that year. We loved it! I'm not sure if this is still the case, but the onsite restaurant Ferdinand's used to be a 5 star restaurant. They have awesome Cuban pressed coffee...mmmm! When we were there, Red Sail Sports had a location right on the beach and we rented wave runners and rode out near the cruise ships. It was so cool! The pool is really nice too. Enjoy it, that really is a great price for the hotel!

The rate was from a family member (Who works for the Westin) with attached point credits.

I do not know how long it takes in a cab ride yet. I need to look into that.

I love the Caribbean but I also love a nice pool. I thought that I could get out of the sun (If I wanted) by using he room, and be able to put the DD down for a nap (If needed).

I was reading up on the restaurants there - they do have awesome reviews. I just hope that it doesn't' rain that day

Sewallmom

If I remember correctly, it was about a 10 minute cab ride from downtown Georgetown (right at the cruise ship) to the Westin Causarina. Not too far at all...enjoy!

We did just that last April...The beach and pool were great. The kids snorkled all day. The best part was showering the kids before heading back. It was only about a 10 minute taxi ride. I think they charged us $12.00 for all five of us. Beautiful resort....we are actually thinking of planning a vacation there...

The Westin is on my list for our next cruise that includes Grand Cayman...we have been to GC a few times already and I was checking out the Westin for a beach day. I belong to Starwood program so I could get the room on points or if they offered a good deal, with cash.

Looks beautiful and a great idea. I have booked day rooms in Key West on our cruise before and really enjoyed it. I booked a day room at the Westin Suites across the street from Smather's Beach and have done a week long stay in Key West at the Westin Resort and Marina in Key West (right where the cruise ships docks). I believe they have day rooms as well...no beach but a nice pool...right in the heart of Key West.

MJ

We got a dayroom there in December 2006. We had such a great day. It was peaceful and quiet after the pools on the ship. We had a great lunch, quite pricey, but good. The beach is beautiful. The pool is somewhat shaded if I remember correctly. It is about 10 minutes from the port. Our driver on the way back drove us around the island a bit since the traffic was heavy. That was one of our most relaxing days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter