Grand Cayman - tendering just for ride?

DisneyKarenG

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of staying on the ship in GC, but might just take a tender boat in the afternoon for the view/ photos. Do you think they would make me get off and wait in line at the port? Or just do a round trip? Has anyone else done this?

I don't know, but you do get a nice view of the ship from the tender. However, IMHO, tendering can be a pain in the neck, especially if you are trying to catch an early tender. If you catch a mid-morning tender, I bet there would be no line for the boat back to the ship.

The tender lets you off right by the shops. You can always take tender ride and walk around a bit and then head back. Margaretteville is right there, great place for a cocktail in there upstairs bar over looking the harbor and the ship.

The tender lets you off right by the shops. You can always take tender ride and walk around a bit and then head back. Margaretteville is right there, great place for a cocktail in there upstairs bar over looking the harbor and the ship.

Thanks @bbn1122 Is that the same Margaritaville that is also a resort next to 7 mile beach? Or are they two different things?

I am thinking of staying on the ship in GC, but might just take a tender boat in the afternoon for the view/ photos. Do you think they would make me get off and wait in line at the port? Or just do a round trip? Has anyone else done this?
Depends on whether there's a line or not. If you're fairly early in the day/afternoon, chances are there will be no line. Or a very little one. '

If there's a line, you might be asked to get off and reboard. Or you might be allowed to just stay on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter