Grand Cayman Stingray City & Snorkel

NCDISFAM

Earning My Ears
Can anyone recommend the best Grand Cayman company to use for the trips that visit both Singray City and a reef for snorkeling? Would you recommend the DCL excursion or would we be better off booking on our own? Thanks.

Can anyone recommend the best Grand Cayman company to use for the trips that visit both Singray City and a reef for snorkeling? Would you recommend the DCL excursion or would we be better off booking on our own? Thanks.

I strongly suggest Captain Marvin's for this excusion. They offer several versions/lengths. The one we have done several times is the 3 hour version. Unless they've changed it since October 06, this one makes 2 stops to snorkel + a stop at Stingray City. We have always had a blast with Captain Marvin's... better than the ones that are offered by the cruise lines. Check them out at www.captainmarvins.com

Enjoy!

We used Native Way watersports a year ago. They have 2 different choices. We did the one that goes to stingray city, coral gardens snorkeling, and starfish snorkeling. I chose that one after a lot of research on cruise critic. We were very happy with them. The boat was large but not huge, nothing like the size the cruise ships use. We probably had about 50 people aboard whereas the cruise ship excursion boats had hundreds. The boat was immaculate and with three guys aboard the service was great. There was lots of help for beginning snorkelers. In stingray city they make sure everyone gets a chance to pet, kiss, pose with the stingrays. It was supposed to be $120 for the four of us (2adults & 2 kids), but once onboard it was only $100. An amazing bargain compared to what the ships charge. Afterwards they dropped us off where ever we requested. We went to a nice spot on 7 mile beach. The owners name is Sharon Ebanks. You can email her thru her website with any questions, and make reservations thru the website. We loved them and highly recommend them.

After our first cruise, we only have only done excursions on our own, and have never been dissappointed, unlike our experience with our Carnival excursions.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy Cayman, it's great.

There are a few companies including those noted above in the EXCURSION REVIEWS in the DIS DCL FAQ thread at the top of this page. You will find a review thread for each of the main DCL ports and a listing of excursions reviewed listed alphabetically in the first post. Clicking on the marks for each excursion will take you right to the review on both that thread and elsewhere in the forum.

Captain Marvin's is the only way to go!!! He has been around forever, and I have not heard anything bad about him!

We plan to book him again when we go down in 2010.:goodvibes

We are using Fat Fish Adventures in April, check them out on the Tripadvisor reviews website and their own website FatFishAdventures.com. Private tour, takes us to Sting Ray City before the other excursions get there. We are a group of 7. We have a private boat and a 3 person wave runner that we all get to experience during our tour. They have many different tours available. I emailed them and they called me to make all the arrangements. Awesome group and Carolyn will take care of explaining the different tours. HAve a great trip whichever you decide.

Another vote for Captain Marvin's! We had an excellent experience with them in Nov 07.

We had a group booking from Captain Marvin's for our trip on October. The water was really rough the day we were there and the Port Authority closed the reef for all snorkeling type excursions. We received our refund within the week of our return. We were impressed that they would process this so quickly and would definitely use them again.

Another vote for Captain Marvin's. We were scheduled on a day that was too rough for the ship to tender--our credit card was never charged, and we didn't need to do anything.

Their policy is that if your ship can't get you in, they don't run the card.

Does Captain Marvin's charge you for stingray food on the boat?

We did the 3-hour excursion through Captain Marvin's 2 weeks ago and it was awesome!! The service was fantastic and we had a great time. I highly recommend them!:goodvibes

Edited to add: no, they do not charge extra for the food for the stingrays. They've got a bucket of squid there and you can feed them if you want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter