Grand Cayman & Sting Rays

lmok

DIS Veteran
Which Sting Ray adventure is the best to do? There are a couple of them. I have two daughters One is an excellent swimmer and then one who is not as good. It sounds like you can also enjoy the beach!

Help Please.
:wave:

We booked the Stingray City Snorkel Tour. Have done the tour through stays on the island and dove the attraction as well. It seems to be the only excursion that you get to actually swim with the stingray. The others seem to sail through or around--but neither of them mention actually swimming with them.

DG

We were on the western last March and did the Capt. Marvin's stingray excursion. It was great and we got to swim with the stingrays. We first stopped at a coral reef and snorkeled and then went to the sandbar were all the stingrays were. It was great and we even bought the DVD. We did not get to go the beach though. That was not part of the excursion. Have a great time.

Sorry--I was assuming you were looking at the Disney brochures with the multiple excursions that have Stingray City in the name. I have done it with Don Fosters--but I know that in the past, they weren't interested in doing cruise ships. I believe they tend to do their stuff way too early before the ships anchor.

Having said that, I have done excursions on my own on prior cruises and know you can save a bunch of money. Just be sure to understand refund issues if for some odd reason we can't tender in--yes it has been delayed in the past due to high waves. Also, I called to the company from the island prior to the stop and checked in.

Good Luck

DG

:cool1: Thank You So Much Everyone :cool1: You can always count on fellow disers to help you out!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter