Grand Cayman Scuba Diving

samfsu

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of diving in Grand Cayman, for those of you that have can you please let me know if the 4.5 hrs that we are there will be enough time to dive? Did you dive with the cruise ship or on your own with a LDS?

Thanks for the insight!

I've gone diving a few times in GC and have booked it through the ship. I believe they use Red Sail Sports. Every time I have gone it's been a great experience.
Hope this helps!

I've gone diving a few times in GC and have booked it through the ship. I believe they use Red Sail Sports. Every time I have gone it's been a great experience.
Hope this helps!

I too booked my diving excursion through the ship and I was not disappointed. We had the opportunity to see all sorts of wonderful wildlife and even dived at a wreck site.

Nice to hear that Red Sail is still around. I used them probably 20 years ago and it was a good experience then. Just haven't been diving any more so I've got no current experience.

We dive Cayman a lot. Usually with Don Foster's.

Are you bringing your own gear? If I had my druthers, I'd actually do a shore dive and not worry about the boat ride since you have a time on shore. My first choice would be Lighthouse point, very easy to get to, basically you head west towards West Bay. It's a gorgeous, shore dive, and much nicer than you'll see on one of the shallow cruise shippers dives.

Or, I'd just head over to Sunset House and do their house dive.

Probably my favorite dive on all of Cayman is the old house reef for Spanish Bay Reef, but the resort is under some kind of construction and I don't know if you could walk down to their dock. It also probably wouldn't be too easy to find.

We dive Cayman a lot. Usually with Don Foster's.

Are you bringing your own gear? If I had my druthers, I'd actually do a shore dive and not worry about the boat ride since you have a time on shore. My first choice would be Lighthouse point, very easy to get to, basically you head west towards West Bay. It's a gorgeous, shore dive, and much nicer than you'll see on one of the shallow cruise shippers dives.

Or, I'd just head over to Sunset House and do their house dive.

Probably my favorite dive on all of Cayman is the old house reef for Spanish Bay Reef, but the resort is under some kind of construction and I don't know if you could walk down to their dock. It also probably wouldn't be too easy to find.

I am on the fence about bring gear or not. I know I have to rent tanks but I can bring everything else. I will look into the shore dives. Thanks for the insight.

You can walk to Eden Rock from the tender pier (to the right) and dive there right off their pier. They are a Dive Center and rent gear and all. Great shore dives.. www.edenrockdive.com

My husband has dived there through DCL twice. Both times he had enough time and a good experience. He goes solo, so I prefer he goes through Disney. If we cruise with another diver, then we book all the dives independently.

I have taken several scuba dive excursions from the cruise line and have not been disappointed. You will be well taken care of and ensure you are back on the ship on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter