Grand Cayman Rum cake/rum factory

MommaluvsDis

DIS Veteran
I think I've asked this but would like to know how to get to the rum/rum cake factory on Grand Cayman. If we're to take a taxi, how much should we expext to pay?

Thanks!

I think I've asked this but would like to know how to get to the rum/rum cake factory on Grand Cayman. If we're to take a taxi, how much should we expext to pay?

Thanks!

:scared1: There's a rum and rum cake factory on GC?? MUST visit this!! :cool1:

OP, I'm sorry I can't answer your question, however, until you can get there, you can curb your appetite.....

My email box this morning had the following message from Tortuga Rums. Get an early start if you want to! { www.TortugaRumCakes.com‏ }

laborday-08-main.gif

laborday-08-footer.gif

It was a short walk for us from the snorkeling excursion. But I will tell you that I paid more for the exact same cakes on GC than I would have on the ship. So make sure you've done your homework.

It was a short walk for us from the snorkeling excursion. But I will tell you that I paid more for the exact same cakes on GC than I would have on the ship. So make sure you've done your homework.

That is so true, we went to the rum cakes bakery years ago on our 3-4th sailing.
Don't count on any samples if you get there in the morning as all the other rum cake excursions have already chowed down on the numerous samples that everyone else has handled -yuck!

Scott

Not sure if it's a factory, but there is a Tortuga Rum Cake store, with free samples, right there at the port within walking distance. When you get to the main street, turn right. It's in a little house on the other side of Margaritaville.

In case anyone has been considering making a purchase at TortugaRumCakes.com, I got another email savings notice.

$3.00 off any online order of $25.00 or More.

Use Discount Code gp08 at checkout.
Offer valid only at TortugaRums.com

Offer expires 09/8/2008 and cannot be combined with other discounts or applied to previous orders.

The store is AWSOME....everytime we have gone to Grand Cayman on the "other cruise line" we come back with at least 3 rum cakes and some hot sauce for the cat sitter. You can ask to try the different flavors but banana and chocolate are my favs...enjoy :rotfl: :rotfl: :surfweb:

Could you -- or anyone -- expand on this? I haven't bought a rum cake before so I'm not quite sure what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Kristen

The "basic" rum cakes can be found on deck 3 foward at Up Beat(duty free)Magic/Radar Trap Wonder
I think they have the basic cake in small and large no flavors and if they do have the flavored cakes they might come in a small assortment cake package.
The shop has restricted ours mostly in late afternoons and evenings.

Scott

There is a rum cake store at Key West too selling the same brand, and they offer discounts to DCL passengers. I don't remember how much, but we bought ours there last time when we did the Western.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter