Grand Cayman Island Tour???

iluvwdw4ever

DIS Veteran
Hello!!

My family is interested in booking this for our upcoming cruise but I am not sure what is included in the tour. Has anyone here done this recently??? How long does it take??? Is it OK for young kids??? Also, is it worth it???

THANKS!!!
Angela

I did it in May thru Captain Marvin's. It included the turtle farm, Hell, 7 mile beach (photo stop), and the rum place. On the way back, we had the choice of returning to the tender pier or to the beach...so if you were planning a beach afternoon it would save you the transportation one way. We paid $30 per adult, which is actually the cost of the admission to the turtle farm alone if booked thru Boatswain's (the place that runs the turtle farm.)

Worth it....Hell is grossly over rated. It is a land formation, souvenier shops, and post office. Worth seeing for all of 5 minutes. The turtle farm was totally wonderful. We had plenty of time there for photos, holding turtles, etc. Our guide for the tour was great--lots of commentary, island history, etc. He tried to catch an iguana for us, and had to stop the vehicle to chase one off the road so he didn't hit it. We could have had as many samples of rum and rum cake as we wanted....and if you have teens involved, no one asked about ages.

Truly, I think young kids would have been bored with all but the turtle farm. It took about 2 1/2 hours total. I thought it was worth the money. As I said, adult admission to the turtle farm is $30, and then you still need to pay for transportation. We got the whole tour for $30.

Captain Marvin's is very easy to do. WHen you exit the tender pier area you cross the street and head to the left about 1 block. You can see it from the street as you exit the pier. If you don't see it, ask anyone where the Dairy Queen is--Captain Marvin's is 2 "stores" closer to you than the DQ, but EVERYONE seems to know where the DQ is!

I did it in May thru Captain Marvin's. It included the turtle farm, Hell, 7 mile beach (photo stop), and the rum place. On the way back, we had the choice of returning to the tender pier or to the beach...so if you were planning a beach afternoon it would save you the transportation one way. We paid $30 per adult, which is actually the cost of the admission to the turtle farm alone if booked thru Boatswain's (the place that runs the turtle farm.)

Worth it....Hell is grossly over rated. It is a land formation, souvenier shops, and post office. Worth seeing for all of 5 minutes. The turtle farm was totally wonderful. We had plenty of time there for photos, holding turtles, etc. Our guide for the tour was great--lots of commentary, island history, etc. He tried to catch an iguana for us, and had to stop the vehicle to chase one off the road so he didn't hit it. We could have had as many samples of rum and rum cake as we wanted....and if you have teens involved, no one asked about ages.

Truly, I think young kids would have been bored with all but the turtle farm. It took about 2 1/2 hours total. I thought it was worth the money. As I said, adult admission to the turtle farm is $30, and then you still need to pay for transportation. We got the whole tour for $30.

Captain Marvin's is very easy to do. WHen you exit the tender pier area you cross the street and head to the left about 1 block. You can see it from the street as you exit the pier. If you don't see it, ask anyone where the Dairy Queen is--Captain Marvin's is 2 "stores" closer to you than the DQ, but EVERYONE seems to know where the DQ is!

I just got back on jan 23rd cruise and did the island tour with captain marvin and besides castaway cay it was the highlight of the whole trip!
My kids 9 and 3 loved the turtle farm and gave you a real ideal of grand cayman.
staff awesome and very funny
the only thing i would suggest after beign at the turtle farm i would search on doing just the turtle farm the entire area when you do the island tour you get 45 min there and i would have loved to stay longer and visit the other sections

We did a jet ski tour via Fat Fish adventures and it was incredible. Most of the Disney excursions to sting ray city were cancelled, but we still got to go and had an incredible time. It was the highlight of my trip!

My kids 9 and 3 loved the turtle farm and gave you a real ideal of grand cayman.
staff awesome and very funny
the only thing i would suggest after beign at the turtle farm i would search on doing just the turtle farm the entire area when you do the island tour you get 45 min there and i would have loved to stay longer and visit the other sections

The place where the turtle farm is located is called Boatswain's. You can do it on your own. There are multiple levels of admission depending on what activities you want to do. Turtle farm alone (on your own, not as part of tour) is $30 US. Other activities are more. They have a very informative web site.

We found 45 minutes at the turtle farm to be just about right for that part. You can make a full day of the other areas (basically a water park with dolphin activities, etc).

I would skip all of it except stingray city or 7 mile beach. Hell is a tourist trap.

We had kids from 4 - 10 and they were bored at the turtle farm, but loved petting the stingrays.

We didn't have time to do the beach, but the water at the city was phenominal. Warm, beautiful sand and we wish we did the beaches there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!