Grand Cayman Excursions

schwenksvillemouse

DIS Veteran
Could use some expert advice. I'm starting to plan some excursion ideas for our 2010 cruise. When we travel I'll have a DS9 and DD4 (two weeks from turning 5). When looking at the options two jumped out at me. First is the Atlantis Sub Expedition. The second is the Pirate Encounter. The first is fairly pricey - over $300 for us four. The second is much cheaper.

Anybody have any input on thier experiences.

We are intersted as well. We just booked our 2010 Western cruise leaving 10/31/2010.

I highly recommend swimming with wild stingrays at Stingray City. Popularity has probably dropped off since Steve Irwin was killed but that was a very freak accident. The stingrays at Stingray City (sandbar in the ocean) are very tame because of so many tourists feeding them and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I think your kids would handle it fine, I'm an old fat lady who can't swim and I did great!

Definitely swim with the stingrays! It's a one-of-a-kind adventure and so much better than DCL's version on Castaway Cay. The rays are amazing, friendly creatures and to experience them in their natural habitat was wonderful. We've done it on both of our visits to GC and highly recommend it. We've always done a private charter with Captain Marvin's, but I definitely recommend even their group trips. I've also heard great things about Nativeway. Both are very easy to get to once off the ship so there's no need to go directly through DCL for this excursion.

Have a great cruise!

We did the shipwreck snorkel.
We thoroughly enjoyed it. They take you to two different spots for time snorkeling: cheeseburger reef, and the wreck of the Cali. The water was clear and warm (and because of the salt content, buoyant) and the sea life was plentiful (especially around the wreck). The captain was hysterical and the both crew members were extremely patient and helpful (especially with my eight year old drama queen who was having multiple problems with the mask concept - she had minor dripping into her mask)
I highly recommend it. We didn't want to get out of the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter