Grand Cayman/Cozumel/Costa Maya vs St Martin/St Thomas

kay1864

DIS Veteran
I've been to GC, StM and StT (and StJohns), but never to Cozumel or Costa Maya.

Which itinerary is better?

I'm sure they all have really nice beaches, but what else is there that's notable? My recollections:

GC: Turtle Farm, Stingray City
Cozumel: ?
Costa Maya: ?

StM: Butterfly farm, really expensive mall on the French side ;)
StT: St Johns is beautiful, St Thomas has semi-interesting shopping (and cheap rum!)

There is a great, but pricey excursion in Cozumel at a fairly close national park where you can play/ride dolphins. THe park itself is beautiful, there is excellent snorkeling close in to the shore, and they make REALLY good margaritas. The admission to the park is included in the excursion, but you can also just go to the park for $19(adult). The park is called Chankanabb.

Further along is another great beach called, I believe, Paradise beach???, that has toys on the water, a bar area, loads of umbrellas,chairs, and kayaks. I also hopped on a local snorkeling excursion (not a DCL) that took you to the end of the continental shelf. GREAT SNORKELING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter